Clean sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_Fox said:
To be honest, these stats mean absolutely feck all.

To me the most revealing fact is that we haven't kept a clean sheet since Nov 5 (a time when we were all raving about the defence but complaining about the style of play). So despite all our (and CL's) rightful complaints about the strikeforce, if we'd have cut out on the defensive mistakes and just kept one or two clean sheets we'd have had a couple of 0-0 draws or 1-0 wins.

We all loved the way we played against Sheff Utd. But I'm afraid it's time to build from the back.

istockphoto_775096_clean_sheets.jpg

bocadillo said:
... or possibly not. Blackpool are now in one of the League One relegation places.
season after next then.;)

Joe_Fox said:
To be honest, these stats mean absolutely feck all.

Only stats that are important are the league table, and I don't wanna look at that if I don't have to. :icon_sad:

Wouldnt surprise me if Craig goes back to a more defensive and negative approach, we are conceding and at the same time not picking up points, if Levein is still here over the next 4 to 5 games I can foresee a few scrappy goalless draws, as Levein tries to steady the ship.

the way we leaking goals is very worrying I pointed this out few weeks back but the blame is been laid on the strikers.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Wouldnt surprise me if Craig goes back to a more defensive and negative approach, we are conceding and at the same time not picking up points, if Levein is still here over the next 4 to 5 games I can foresee a few scrappy goalless draws, as Levein tries to steady the ship.

Draws are of little use in our situation.
WIN 2 LOSE 2 (6PTS) OR DRAW ALL 4 (4PTS). Lets hope they take the positive route, i think we've seen enough dour stuff and the stats speak for themselves

The best form of defence is attack, unfortunatly Craig Levien has got himself into a possition where the team is so down on confidence, so devoid of ideas, all the attack is the old ale house ball up the middle, he must be more positive and go with a 3-5-2 formation for the rest of the season, like Brauny Blue said a win and lose is better than 2 draws, it ain't rocket science.
:plane:

I agree with both of you but even attacking teams at some point have to defend you never get 90 minutes dominance. I fear leics fail in this manner they can attack for 60-70 odd mins score 1 or 2 goals or in some case score nothing then have to defend for 10-20 mins and concede 2-3 goals. That is an appalling record.

an early goal on saturday would at least have the crowd behind them to start with.... :redface:

Cate Fox said:
an early goal on saturday would at least have the crowd behind them to start with.... :redface:

depends who scores the early goal...and I know who my money's on :frown:

well here is the problem and why we not winning games.

When we fail to score first and in particular the first half we never win under craig. (other then cup games)

When we do score first we will always concede and usually concede at least 2 meaning we need 3 or 4 goals to win a match.

when you need 3 goals to win a match unless you have rooney and henry in your team then you in trouble.

Chrysalis said:
well here is the problem and why we not winning games.

When we fail to score first and in particular the first half we never win under craig. (other then cup games)

When we do score first we will always concede and usually concede at least 2 meaning we need 3 or 4 goals to win a match.

when you need 3 goals to win a match unless you have rooney and henry in your team then you in trouble.

To be fair we don't lose often by more than the odd goal, but you make a good point. Unless we score first and get the momentum we scarcely look like scoring let alone winning.

losing by 1 goal isnt a positive it just suggests to me teams easing off after they get enough goals, or our team waking up too late.

(a)
win 1-0
lose 1-3
win 2-0
lose 0-4
win 2-1
lose 0-2

(b)
lose 0-1
lose 1-2
draw 1-1
lose 2-3