Cleverley Impresses In Walsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

Walsall 1-4 Leicester City
3 February 2009

Tom Cleverley claimed his first Player-Ratings.com Man of the Match award in a Leicester City shirt after a top drawer performance saw him voted City's best player against Walsall on Tuesday night. Cleverley was in outstanding form and backed it up with a goal that emphasised City's dominance. Fellow goalscorer Steve Howard continued his run of good form with an outstanding performance to claim second behind Cleverley, with midfield maestro Andy King rounding off the top three with an excellent display.

I decided against giving a flop of the match against Walsall as the only players who played long enough were the starting eleven, none of whom got a rating below 6.75. It would have been a joint award amongst three people so it was felt that no-one particularly deserved this title in what was a crucial three points for the Foxes.

Full results below:

Player Awards:

Man of the Match: Tom Cleverley – 8.56

Flop of the Match: N/A

Best Goalkeeper / Defender: Jack Hobbs – 7.59
Best Midfielder: Tom Cleverley – 8.56
Best Striker: Steve Howard – 8.08

Full Ratings:

1. Tom Cleverley – 8.56
2. Steve Howard – 8.08
3. Andy King – 7.66
4. Jack Hobbs / Matt Oakley – 7.59
6. Matty Fryatt – 7.37
7. Michael Morrison – 7.31
8. Joe Mattock – 6.88
9. David Martin / Kerrea Gilbert / Lloyd Dyer – 6.76
12. Wayne Brown – 5.88
13. Bruno Berner – 5.68
14. Paul Dickov – 5.22

Voter Awards:

Top/Fairest Voters:
TheBlinding / Bert

Most Generous Voter:
1st – JakeShingler – 8.43
2nd – DazFox23 – 7.79
3rd – matt gamble – 7.71

Harshest Voter:
1st – james1b – 5.93
2nd – pds – 6.00
3rd – beaumontfox / Deecee – 6.07

(Anonymous voters are not included in the voter awards)

Total Votes: 59 - great turnout for an away game so thanks to everyone who voted. The Oldham game will see an opportunity for people who watch the match on Sky to vote separately so here's to another three points on Saturday!

dare I say it but Pearson's recent record of picking up young talent has been excellent - cleverley, davies, morrison......lets hope there are a few more in the pipeline....

dare I say it but Pearson's recent record of picking up young talent has been excellent - cleverley, davies, morrison......lets hope there are a few more in the pipeline....

Yeah, I was thinking the same the other day. It seems he does have an eye for a youngster with potential, he must surely have some decent links as we seems to be getting youngsters from the right clubs. I think we could do with a few more youngsters that the top four in England don't think are quite good enough to play first team in their world class teams.

the top teams are letting us have these players only so they learn the mentallity of winning week in week out it will be interesting how many loanies we get next year in the championship

Even more than that, I think top managers didn't want Holloway even in the same postcode as their youth players, but Pearson has a good track record of working with youth teams at England level and is enhancing his reputation all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00