Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could go back to:

Oakley - King - Berner - Dyer/Gradel

Last edited:
Cleverley was average at best. As mentioned on another thread, I thought we missed Davies big time. The scoreline flattered us yesterday

Even though starting Oakley out wide and letting him a free role has been better than him being completely static in the centre??

I thought Oakley's 'free' role caused us a lot of problems yesterday. He constantly moved into the centre, which left us with no one to spread the ball to on the right wing.

Maybe Cleverly can play on the right wing with Oakley staying in the middle where he seems to prefer to play. Cleverly and Gilbert on the right gives us a lot of pace going forward, but I am not sure that either of them is particularly good defensively.

You'd consider dropping Dyer for Gradel? Dyer up in the top three for player of the year thus far for me

Based on his early season I would agree. For the last 8 or so games he has looked lost, and is lacking a lot of confidence. I suggested he should have been swapped for Gradel yesterday before we went infront.

You'd consider dropping Dyer for Gradel? Dyer up in the top three for player of the year thus far for me

But the last two months Dyer has been very average. He certainly has had that 'spark' he had in the first few months.

I thought Oakley's 'free' role caused us a lot of problems yesterday. He constantly moved into the centre, which left us with no one to spread the ball to on the right wing.

Maybe Cleverly can play on the right wing with Oakley staying in the middle where he seems to prefer to play. Cleverly and Gilbert on the right gives us a lot of pace going forward, but I am not sure that either of them is particularly good defensively.

First half I agree, second half though I thought Oakley was a lot better.

I would definitely consider it. TBH I have only seen 2 games since Christmas, and on both occasions he looked void of confidence, and never seems to try to take on the defender anymore.

Even though starting Oakley out wide and letting him a free role has been better than him being completely static in the centre??

I'm in this ball park. I thought Cleverley was eager and clearly wanted to do well but was possibly trying too hard. A bit like Adams methinks. Might still be worth a try in the centre of midfield though.

Berner hasn't impressed me at left-back.

I've never seen Lloyd Dyer have a good game for Leicester-and so far i've been to Tranmere, D&R, Southend, Peterborough, Hereford and Leyton Orient

I know you're gonna throw sorbets at me, but actually I thought Cleverley was an Iain Hume lookielikee, and did OK, considering the burden he had to bear of being in a long-sleeved shirt, running with his elbows out, being bald, and short, and fast with a wonderful low and brilliantly-controlled centre of gravity, but at times imperfect.

OK, throw sorbets. Mint. But throw them cleverly. Let's not exhume the past, much as I'd like to.

I've never seen Lloyd Dyer have a good game for Leicester-and so far i've been to Tranmere, D&R, Southend, Peterborough, Hereford and Leyton Orient

From what I have seen he is far more effective away from home where he has bigger gaps to run into behind the opposing defence.

All players have patches he will come good again. Our early season form was built around him & his goals. Other players have since stepped in and been the form players.

From what I have seen at home he played very well against Peterbro, because they came to attack leaving him with more space. When teams come and try and put 10 behind the ball he is always going to find it harder

To me Dyer has 2 things in his favour a decent left foot and a lot of pace. Not having a good right foot hinders him when he cuts in side, and teams have realised him, he will beat most when he knocks it passed them so they stop him from doing that. He is a good league one player at best and I don't think he would make the step up to the championship.

the thing i liked about Cleverley second half was that he held his position well. the game was getting very narrow and on several occasions he provided a bit of width allowing us to break.

Last edited:
Thought he looked nervous in the midfield.

He was poor at the back in my opinion. They played it around him and oakley on that side as if they weren't there. We need a solid right back to cover for Oakley's 'free role'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669