Colchester - Sat 3rd November - 5.20pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off 5.20pm

Tickets

We have been allocated 875 Terrace tickets priced at £19.00 Adults,£12 Under 16's, Seniors aged 60+ and Students.

We have also been allocated 138 seating tickets. These are priced at £23 Adults, £15 Under 16's and Seniors aged 60+.

Monday 22nd October 2007 - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1

Tuesday 23rd October 2007 - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2

Wednesday 24th October 2007 - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3

Thursday 25th October 2007 - Members

Friday 26th October 2007 - General Sale.

Coaches

The Fox Travel coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 12.30pm and is priced at £15.00 Adult STH, £13.00 Concession STH and £16.00 Adults and £14.00 Concessions

Directions & Parking

Approx 130 Miles - 2½ hours

A6, A14, M11 (To Junction 8), A120 into Colchester

The A120 joins the A12 and you then come off at the next junction (26), and take the A1124 towards Colchester West/Halstead. At top of the slip road turn left at the roundabout towards Colchester/Mersea and continue along Essex Yeomanry Way and then onto the London Road towards the town centre. Proceed for just over 3/4 mile to traffic lights (MFI store on your right). Turn right at lights and follow this road until you reach it's end where a pub (Leather Bottle) is on left. Turn left and follow until traffic lights at Boadecia Way, 3/4 mile, where you turn right. Go to its end and then turn left; this is Layer Rd and the ground is about 1/4 mile further down on left.

There is a park and ride scheme available (well sign posted), which costs £2 per car, and buses run every 20 minutes. I will try and get some clarification on this as to whether this will run as regularly as stated with the kick off being early evening.

Trains

The nearest station to the ground is Colchester Town which is around a 25 minute walk away and is a seven minute journey time away from Colchester mainline station where most fans are likely to end up at. The main Colchester station is really too far from the ground to walk, so either get another train to Colchester Town station or jump in a taxi, which should cost about £5. If you arrive early at Colchester mainline station and decide to walk to the ground (crossing through the town centre) then it should take about 40 minutes.

There are £16.50 advance singles available on the outbound 12 noon and 1pm service from Leicester to Colchester Town. Both would arrive in plenty of time for the game. From London St Pancras, you need to make your way to London Liverpool Street to Colchester Mainline Station to Colchester Town.

Coming back there is a £16.50 advance single on the 19.45pm which you should make as long as you leave immediately once the game has finished. This will have you back in Leicester for 22.52pm

Pubs

The Dragoon Pub on Butt Road has a selection of real ales, as does the The Fox & Fiddle on St Johns Street. For fizzy beer lovers there is a Wetherspoons (The Playhouse) next door to the Fox & Fiddle.

Colchester Seating

I have read that their is only about 274 seats for away fans and the other 500 have to stand. Who will get seats and who won't? Or is it a first come first served basis. Hope i will get a seat as my away season ticket order form should get good priority.

Re: Colchester Seating

I have read that their is only about 274 seats for away fans and the other 500 have to stand. Who will get seats and who won't? Or is it a first come first served basis. Hope i will get a seat as my away season ticket order form should get good priority.

priority 1/2 will get the seating. stand up, its more feckin fun especially as you can't see the game :)

Your figures are miles out !!!

I have read that their is only about 274 seats for away fans

Your figures are miles out !!!

Here you go, Robbie - count the seats. And remember to leave about half-a-dozen of them empty for stewards!

0,,10424~3190781,00.jpg

That looks like a local cricket ground stand :icon_lol:

I can assure you it isn't - it's the whole of the seating accommodation for away fans at Layer Road. And if you think that's inadequate, just wait until you see the toilets!!

The picture has been taken from the from the front of the away standing area behind the goal. Tucked as it is at the very end of the touch-line the view from it, especially towards the other end of the pitch, are appalling. The view from the very shallow end terrace must be marginally better.

I can assure you it isn't - it's the whole of the seating accommodation for away fans at Layer Road. And if you think that's inadequate, just wait until you see the toilets!!

The picture has been taken from the from the front of the away standing area behind the goal. Tucked as it is at the very end of the touch-line the view from it, especially towards the other end of the pitch, are appalling. The view from the very shallow end terrace must be marginally better.

It just looks ludicrous, like it wasnt really worth bothering.

thank f^ck its on the telly :icon_cool

It just looks ludicrous, like it wasnt really worth bothering.

The most that can be said is that it is an experience.

If you want to rush around and catch 2 matches on the day and want to see lots of countryside in a train.

Try Millwall v Hartlepool at 1pm and then make your way to Col U v City at 5.20pm. Just make sure you are on that 7.45pm to Leicester.

If you want to rush around and catch 2 matches on the day and want to see lots of countryside in a train.

Try Millwall v Hartlepool at 1pm and then make your way to Col U v City at 5.20pm. Just make sure you are on that 7.45pm to Leicester.

Good plan but i will have my city shirt on and advanced train ticket purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566