Colchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Colchester

Watch this space.

It's a scenario which has some credibility.

But I will be surprised if the potential parties would ever put in the sort of resources to turn round our playing fortunes.

I fear that it would be back to the FT passing round the hat and the scraping together by interested parties of just enough to buy out Mandaric and produce another "business plan".

Whilst our results under Mandaric's ownership have continued to be miserable, let's not forget that before his arrival we could hardly afford to breathe.

Unless come 'outsider' investor(s) comes along, I would expect that the 'local' business interest would just enjoy regaining ownership but that would be about as far as it went.

Didn't the Oxford United game happen then? :102:
That was a do or die game. We didn't just have to win , but were dependant on others not!

If as it seems likely it comes down to a do or die last game, then we have had it imo. Yesterdays result was a disaster, and we have now allowed ourselves the luxury of going to a team that will be completely fired up for automatic promotion. With reference to the Oxford game, at least we was playing at Filbo infront of a very passionate crowd.
On the day we go to Stoke, the likes of Sheff W have a very winnable home game against Norwich. Its not rocket science to say that yesterdays game was our big opportunity, but once again the players and management bottled it. Our team have not got the never say die attitude of previous generations. There are no battlers in the side, no leaders, and amongst the worst strikeforce i can remember. Our top goalscorer has not even managed double figures, absolutely pathetic for a team with our resources in this division.
I'll pray for a miracle over these last 3 games, but thus far have not seen any indication from anyone connected with the club, that they actually believe they can escape the drop. They have losers and relegation written all over them. Even if we stop up, the club as gone backwards and the premier lge looks further away than ever.
They say that you find out more about your players in difficult times, well imo the team have answered many of those questions.
Whatever division we are in next season, its back to the drawing board.

'Lost the dressing room'?

Are we fecking mad? Who the feck in there is there to cause a comotion?

Nonsense.

you sound like you want it to happen? if there is people waiting in the wings where were they a year ago?

will they invest? or just have another power struggle whilst not putting money in?

Not at all. "Watch this space" means nothing more than an anticipation of some event in this quarter.

Last edited:

but thus far have not seen any indication from anyone connected with the club, that they actually believe they can escape the drop.

But BB I don't understand, IH keeps telling us that we are going to stay up every week before the match. Surely that's evidence enough :icon_roll

They say that you find out more about your players in difficult times, well imo the team have answered many of those questions.

Absolutely true, great point.

Bollocks to the useless cnuts parading themsleves as footballers (or managers), but can I just give a big round of applause for the lovely half-time cheerleaders

Especially brave for doing the splits onto a soggy, muddy bogheap pitch

Sign 'em up :038: :038: :038:

There was relief all round, not least on the bench where the normally-irrepressible City boss Ian Holloway felt that, when the Fryatt chance went begging, it might just not happen.

He said: "Who else would have thought Matty Fryatt would have slotted that wide?

About twenty three thousand, and a fair few more listening on the radio, you thick ignorant cnut

"People might go away and say we can't even beat a team who are bottom of the table and who are already down.......

Indeed they might, Ian, indeed they might

Last edited:
Me thinks the game on saturday really showed signs of the end for us, league 1 get season is destined i blame MM and his ****ing 3 years BS plan

Bollocks to the useless cnuts parading themsleves as footballers (or managers), but can I just give a big round of applause for the lovely half-time cheerleaders

Especially brave for doing the splits onto a soggy, muddy bogheap pitch

Sign 'em up :038: :038: :038:

:icon_lol: Seconded :038: :038:

Me thinks the game on saturday really showed signs of the end for us, league 1 get season is destined i blame MM and his ****ing 3 years BS plan

If we hadn't equalised, I believe you may well have been right, however, that late, late goal from the BM favourite, might just be the goal that saved our season. We'll see!!

Very very dissapointed with the result, happy to take a point in the circumstances but a win was a MUST and it didnt happen. Thought Hayles and DJ looked good first half but swapping them round at half time didnt work.

Be interesting to see how Coventry do away at Colchester on Saturday!

i thought dj was shite he was constantly off-side idve left hayles on and took elvis mark 2 off

i thought dj was shite he was constantly off-side idve left hayles on and took elvis mark 2 off

:018: Some of them offside decision could have easily gone the other way. At least with DJ on it looked like we could get in behind the defence, rather then just lumping the ball forward to Howard and Hayles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669