Collins John Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
COOL! The last time I remember us signing a striker on a midweek match night was when good old Ewan Roberts game to town. Scored two on his debut but unfortunately did old Stevie Bull for Wolves and the game ended 2-2. Those were the days!

Didn't Roger Davies join us midweek and make his debut against the shaggers?
Can't remember the score either, but pretty certain he did not score.

His goal ration is only 1 in 4, which I believe is about the same as the current crop

I think its a bit unfair to suggest his goal ration is only 1 in 4 when 64 of his appearance have been as sub!

I think he will score plently of goals in this division.

I think its a bit unfair to suggest his goal ration is only 1 in 4 when 64 of his appearance have been as sub!

I think he will score plently of goals in this division.

We have to seeing as 2 of those were against us as a sub

edit: my badly explained point being that if we don't cound sub appearances we can't count sub goals

Last edited:
COOL! The last time I remember us signing a striker on a midweek match night was when good old Ewan Roberts game to town. Scored two on his debut but unfortunately did old Stevie Bull for Wolves and the game ended 2-2. Those were the days!

was in the posh seats for that game :)

yay! a striker who might actually succeed in doing what he's paid to do! Quick, strong, physical, i think he will do well with any partner up front, well done megson and milan

We have to seeing as 2 of those were against us as a sub

edit: my badly explained point being that if we don't cound sub appearances we can't count sub goals

All I was trying to point out is that to count every sub appearance as a full game when in fact the likely hood is that he would have probably only appeared for 10-20 minutes is a little harsh.

All I was trying to point out is that to count every sub appearance as a full game when in fact the likely hood is that he would have probably only appeared for 10-20 minutes is a little harsh.

Oh all right fair enough :icon_wink

Although he did only score 1 goal last season :icon_redf:icon_bigg

He's actually scored once in his last 30 appearances for Fulham. He's been junk for the last 18 months. Before that he looked like a class act in the making. Guess we'll find out what we've got soon enough.

yay! a striker who might actually succeed in doing what he's paid to do! Quick, strong, physical, i think he will do well with any partner up front, well done megson and milan

At last someone who has something positive to say!! The more I read some of these threads, the more it starts to sound like a bunch of old men down the sports and social moaning away about anything and everything!!

I agree with this quote, great signing, if anyone hadn't noticed, we are not scoring goals.....FACT. Got to be worth ago, but I am sure most of the grumpy old men who frequently who use this site won't agree?? They'll want us to bring back Steve Claridge or Tony Cottee!

At last someone who has something positive to say!! The more I read some of these threads, the more it starts to sound like a bunch of old men down the sports and social moaning away about anything and everything!!

I agree with this quote, great signing, if anyone hadn't noticed, we are not scoring goals.....FACT. Got to be worth ago, but I am sure most of the grumpy old men who frequently who use this site won't agree?? They'll want us to bring back Steve Claridge or Tony Cottee!

:) Lineker is only 49 ,he could do a job.

:icon_lol: It took you this long to realise eh! :icon_wink

IMHO I think it is a move which is difficult to assess how it will work out, but we're not scoring goals and it could prove the catalyst we need, but (settlies into his sports & social chair) it remains to be seen. :icon_wink

I think you'll find it's the barely post-pubescent blue mongies that think along those lines.

:icon_lol: It took you this long to realise eh! :icon_wink

IMHO I think it is a move which is difficult to assess how it will work out, but we're not scoring goals and it could prove the catalyst we need, but (settlies into his sports & social chair) it remains to be seen. :icon_wink

sorry we forgot no one is allowed to get exited on this forum

:018: Not true. If you check my post under how you are feeling, I put excited, game tonight. :icon_wink

ok, it just seems like most people are all to willing to shoot people down when they're NOT moaning

ok, it just seems like most people are all to willing to shoot people down when they're NOT moaning

Not me tedfoxxx, thats why I don't get involved in some threads, I find the negativity too depressing, although I also realise that some on here are wind up merchants setting bait and looking to hook some unsuspecting innocents. :biggrin:

Anyway, travelling for 2 hours to a home match means you have to have a certain amount of excitement or you wouldn't do it, although the last three seasons have been very testing. Helps being stupid I suppose! :eek: :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669