Community Shield - Millennium Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe501

I'm off to cardiff tomorrow with some scousers to watch Chelsea v Liverpool.

Should be a good game but I've never been to the Millennium stadium before, has anyone on here? And if so anything I should look out for?

Also looking for a good place to eat in Cardiff after the game.

Score prediciton, 2-3, Bellamy and Hyppia to score for Liverpool, Shevchenco hat trick for the billionaires.

got liverpool on a coupon, c'mon you thieves

lako42 said:
got liverpool on a coupon, c'mon you thieves

Same here,they are going to need to improve on Wenesdays performance though.:icon_conf

I think the Community Shield should be scrapped. It used to be a decent idea when the money went to Charity, correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't even do that now. The match was boring and made even worse by the constant substitutions.

pds said:
I think the Community Shield should be scrapped. It used to be a decent idea when the money went to Charity, correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't even do that now. The match was boring and made even worse by the constant substitutions.

I'm correcting you. After the expenses of staging the match have been paid, the rest of the gate money and programme money goes to 'good causes'. Last year that amounted to 59% of the total take.

Each of the clubs that take part in the 1st tound proper of the FA Cup, together with those who join at a later stage (a total of 124 clubs usually) have to nominate a local charity or community based initiative to receive a part of the money. The rest goes to the FA Charity Partners - these will be listed in the match programme.

It was a great day, good to be with the hardcore scousers, decent match. Cardiff is a nice city.

pds said:

I don't think it was that bad,seen a lot worse.

joe501 said:
It was a great day, good to be with the hardcore scousers, decent match. Cardiff is a nice city.

Yup - it's a wonderful City. The police keep the away fans in the ground to allow time for the locals to set up an ambush. What more can you want?

And have you been in the City Centre in the evening?

I think you're speaking from limited experience.

bocadillo said:
I think you're speaking from limited experience.

I am, although it was a good apthmostpehere (sp) in the city centre with all the pool fans afterwards and I was not an 'away fan' on this occasion. :icon_wink

Jeff said:
They haven't done that on our recent visits.

Once is too often and they've done it more than once.

Jeff said:
The last time they did it to Leicester fans must have been over 20 years ago though. In the eighties it was something that happened at a lot of places..

I agree that it used to happen at a lot of places, but it happened at Cardiff in 2004. I was one of the first out of the stadium and saw Cardiff charge at the Leicester fans. Fortunately there wre enough police still about to stop it very quickly but not before some City fans suffered minor injuries. Scuffles continued along the long road to the station and in the streets to the left thereof.

That was the first time that I had ever been to Ninian Park with City, so I know I am not talking about the 80s.

bocadillo said:
I agree that it used to happen at a lot of places, but it happened at Cardiff in 2004. I was one of the first out of the stadium and saw Cardiff charge at the Leicester fans.

I was also one of the first out of the stadium, but I didn't see any trouble although I do remember you talking about it afterwards.
We were held back for a short while, but not for long enough to make much difference - as I walked back to my car in the athletics stadium car park there were still a lot of Cardiff fans going that way.

pds said:

Fair enough Boc I suppose it still serves a purpose then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669