confrence final info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats just bollox. Why didn't they do it before season ticket renewal date. Now those that want to renew and go to this game will need to make two visits.

But then that might be two visits to the club shop. Tossers

Melton Fox said:
Well thats just bollox. Why didn't they do it before season ticket renewal date. Now those that want to renew and go to this game will need to make two visits.

Logic and LCFC do not go together in the same sentance.....

I went in yesterday and the ticket office women hadn't a clue even that the game was being played at the ground!

Melton Fox said:

When you get your season ticket, leave a cheque in an envelope. On the outside of the envelope write your name, address and your order for conf final tickets. Hey presto - job done in one trip.

OR

Put both your season ticket renewal and your application for conf final tickets in the post - do it today with a first class stamp and it will get there on Monday. Job done - no visits!

How do you think foxiles manage?

SilverFox said:
That is well over priced...for the fecking conference!

Both of the competing teams will be bringing more supporters than they normally get to home games - they must think it is worth it!

Sorry cant get excited about this. Whats the point of paying that amount of money to see a play off final that doesnt involve your own team. I could understand the FA or Champions League Finals, but the Conference????

chrislcfc18 said:
Sorry cant get excited about this. Whats the point of paying that amount of money to see a play off final that doesnt involve your own team. I could understand the FA or Champions League Finals, but the Conference????

yes but the other 2 are not at the walkers are they :102: and if my extra £20 plus one child helps our club then why not ,plus i get to see a football game ,ok not in our league yet but still should be a good crowd in there ;) and hopefully a good game

newtonfox said:
yes but the other 2 are not at the walkers are they :102: and if my extra £20 plus one child helps our club then why not ,plus i get to see a football game ,ok not in our league yet but still should be a good crowd in there ;) and hopefully a good game

I doubt the club will see much of your £20.

For those that want to know - Halifax are having the north end of the ground - Hereford are having the south end. Anybody know which stands are going to be open?

Hereford were involved in what sounds a nasty pitch invasion at the end of their second-leg semi with Morecambe - something for the stewards to get their teeth stuck into!?!

Melton Fox said:

I can see the reasoning behind this. They'll be expecting a last minute rush of people renewing their season tickets, so they'll want to keep queues as short as possible, and that means concentrating just on season tickets.

No need for stewards if Hereford are bringing that soddin great bull with them....:biggrin:

Last edited:
webmaster said:
I doubt the club will see much of your £20.

The club won't directly see anything of his £20 - the actual attendance will make no difference at all to what City get out of the game. They will get a set fee from the Conference for putting on the game and a set fee from each of the concessions around the ground. And a set fee from the TV, as well. The purchase of a programme *might* bring something in, depending on how the finance for that is arranged. And, of course, anything that is bought in the Club Shop before or after the game will profit the club.

A big crowd will enhance the reputation of the stadium and make it more likely that this and other similar matches will be played there in the future.

newtonfox said:
we've got to get some cash for hosting it /tickets dont we webbo ?? :102:

Yes, but the way it's organised will be that the conference will effectively be hiring the ground, so the club won't get the gate receipts, although they may get a commission fee for any tickets they sell themselves.

webmaster said:
Yes, but the way it's organised will be that the conference will effectively be hiring the ground, so the club won't get the gate receipts, although they may get a commission fee for any tickets they sell themselves.

It's usual for this kind of event to include in the hiring fee a notional amount in lieu of commission for tickets sold by the venue. This would be for upto a fixed number of tickets and that fixed number is usually set higher than the highest number of tickets than the venue is likely to sell.

bocadillo said:
It's usual for this kind of event to include in the hiring fee a notional amount in lieu of commission for tickets sold by the venue. This would be for upto a fixed number of tickets and that fixed number is usually set higher than the highest number of tickets than the venue is likely to sell.

If that's the case it's not really in the club's interest to actively promote the match to neutral supporters, it will just cost them money in terms of the ticket selling and they won't get anything in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669