Congratualtions Micky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

I thought i would just say what a great job i think Micky has once again done in the transfer market.

So far we have spent say 1M (500K maybe on Williams and 500K on Connolly) and for that we have got:

dublin: A cracking pick up. Will be great in this division this year and probably end up as our top goal scorer.

Williams : A great midfielder with lots of promise. And we nicked him from Forest.

Connolly: If we get him this is the best business of them all. £500K for a proven goal scorer, and one that works hard for the team. BRILLIANT! Can anyoff you name a player we could get for that money that is a good a striker and worker as he is??

Tiato :Micky realised early doors we need abit of bite in the midfield and what better man for the job. I think this was also his reasoning behind Mcateer.

Jason Wilcox: Old but according to the reports from the freindlies so far has been the pick of the bunch. Many of my mates cant understand why some of us were abit pissed with this signing at first as they really rate the guy ,ex England int and all that.

Pressman :Not allot to say really. Coyne wanted first team footy so off he went and pressman is available and cheap i would guess.Walks seems to play everygame anyway so..

Makin: If we get him he will be a good solid player. Dont know that much about him but as i say solid would be good.

Mawene: If we get this guy that would be great. Acording to a couple of Derby mates he was awsome towards the end of last year and is only 22!

So as i say WELL DONE MICKY!!!!
Lets be positive for once. Sometimes we are all quick to have ago and express how we would have done it but not quick enough to say when the club has done a good job.

Premiership here we come.

Add to that the crop of youngsters that sound like they have a chance of playing this year:

Tommy Wright
Richard Stearman
Levi Porter
Chris O'Grady
? Dawson

And add to that the players signed last season:

Peter Canero
Lee Morris

And we aren't looking too bad at all!

At last someone who approves of our boss! Well played that man - I will be willing to add Canero and Morris to that list as I think they will both fly this term....

Don't want to split hairs but I think you'll find Mawene is 24, which is a good job otherwise we'd be in another Williams transfer fee situation!

alex said:
At last someone who approves of our boss! Well played that man - I will be willing to add Canero and Morris to that list as I think they will both fly this term....

There are alot of people who approve of our boss, its just sometimes his decisions seem very odd.

Dunc said:
Add to that the crop of youngsters that sound like they have a chance of playing this year:

Tommy Wright
Richard Stearman
Levi Porter
Chris O'Grady
? Dawson

And add to that the players signed last season:

Peter Canero
Lee Morris

And we aren't looking too bad at all!

Yea I noticed this Dawson in the match reports is it OUR Dawson from the academy or another? If it is Stephen Dawson I think hes only about 20. another good omen for the future.

I would like to agree with this, however we havent signed Makin, Mawene or Connolly yet!! If we do then you have hit the nail on the head! If we dont, we look lightweight and with not much time before August 7th to rectify it!

I expect us to be in the top 2 as we have a great team. There are a lot of people who are being negative and I think they are rediculously Niave. We have a great squad.

Ian said:
I thought i would just say what a great job i think Micky has once again done in the transfer market.

So far we have spent say 1M (500K maybe on Williams and 500K on Connolly) and for that we have got:

dublin: A cracking pick up. Will be great in this division this year and probably end up as our top goal scorer.

Williams : A great midfielder with lots of promise. And we nicked him from Forest.

Connolly: If we get him this is the best business of them all. £500K for a proven goal scorer, and one that works hard for the team. BRILLIANT! Can anyoff you name a player we could get for that money that is a good a striker and worker as he is??

Tiato :Micky realised early doors we need abit of bite in the midfield and what better man for the job. I think this was also his reasoning behind Mcateer.

Jason Wilcox: Old but according to the reports from the freindlies so far has been the pick of the bunch. Many of my mates cant understand why some of us were abit pissed with this signing at first as they really rate the guy ,ex England int and all that.

Pressman :Not allot to say really. Coyne wanted first team footy so off he went and pressman is available and cheap i would guess.Walks seems to play everygame anyway so..

Makin: If we get him he will be a good solid player. Dont know that much about him but as i say solid would be good.

Mawene: If we get this guy that would be great. Acording to a couple of Derby mates he was awsome towards the end of last year and is only 22!

So as i say WELL DONE MICKY!!!!
Lets be positive for once. Sometimes we are all quick to have ago and express how we would have done it but not quick enough to say when the club has done a good job.

Premiership here we come.

FFS Ian, if you are going to start a thread about signings why can't you be less optimistic :wink: :lol:
I agree with your points there, but yes lets not count our chickens....yet.
When you look at that list of players it makes it seem even more odd that people were giving MA a bloody hard time about a week ago, even if you added McAteer to that list you would say that he and Harry have done a bloody good job considering.
If MB is right and a few more could be added than happy days (at least Teddy has gone to the Hammers :wink: ) 8) 8)

Naughty Fox said:
(at least Teddy has gone to the Hammers :wink: ) 8) 8)

I hpe we don't rue those words on day 1 of the new season! :?

yeah yeah stearman is well good i see him play all the time and all those other youngsters i never see. Dawson is also englands next star player we are going to win the league. Lets play the u 16's as they arn't older and experianced. yes?

whit2167 said:
yeah yeah stearman is well good i see him play all the time and all those other youngsters i never see. Dawson is also englands next star player we are going to win the league. Lets play the u 16's as they arn't older and experianced. yes?

I thought Dawson was Irish? :?

Im pretty sure there is!

There is a transfer window outside the prem, but its different. After janurary it stays open till the end of the season, doesnt close again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757