connection timed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears the data centre had problems with some of their connections to the outside world.

I was unable to access the site from 4.25 until around 10 minutes ago.
I assumed the problem would have been the same for everyone else, so I was surprised to see people had been posting during that time. I think the problem was related to the ISP people are using.

It appears the data centre had problems with some of their connections to the outside world.

I assumed the problem would have been the same for everyone else, so I was surprised to see people had been posting during that time. I think the problem was related to the ISP people are using.

i think i was the same!

it happens now and again i assumed it was you updating stuff!!

P.S i didnt type in those <br> in the last post - i dont even no what they mean

It's happened to me a few times in the past couple of days

No message, just the IE page that says about can't find the site thingy

Last edited:

I had three short breaks in service at about that time. Seemed to be off for about 10 minutes at a time but then OK for 15 minutes or more before it went off again.

Just received this:

Subject: Power Outage in Sovereign House - 15th September 2006
Sent: 15/09/2006

Please be advised that there has been a power outage in one of our POP Racks based in Sovereign House.

We are in the process of resolving this urgently and will notify you when this has been resolved.

Regards,

The RapidSwitch Team

Subject: Power Outage in Sovereign House - Reason for Outage Sent: 15/09/2006

Today, at 16:24 UK time we experienced a power outage in our POP rack in Sovereign House. (This is the core of our network in this site.)

The reason for the power outage was that a power supply in one of our Cisco 6500 routers failed. There was a major component failure, and this created a short circuit. As a result of the short circuit, the fuses to the rack tripped.

Our engineers on site quickly diagnosed this problem, and removed the faulty power supply. They found that when power was applied to the power supply it smoked and emitted sparks.

Power was restored at 16:52 and the routers booted up at this point.

We would like the apologise to customers for the inconvenience caused. We are taking action shortly to install a UPS into this rack, to give all network equipment resilient feeds. Although the power to this rack is currently "protected" and comes off a UPS, the type of failure we experienced was not mitigated by this as it caused an upstream breaker to fail.

If you have any questions about this, please get in touch with us and we will be happy to help.

The RapidSwitch Team

Subject: Power Outage in Sovereign House - Reason for Outage Sent: 15/09/2006

Today, at 16:24 UK time we experienced a power outage in our POP rack in Sovereign House. (This is the core of our network in this site.)

The reason for the power outage was that a power supply in one of our Cisco 6500 routers failed. There was a major component failure, and this created a short circuit. As a result of the short circuit, the fuses to the rack tripped.

Our engineers on site quickly diagnosed this problem, and removed the faulty power supply. They found that when power was applied to the power supply it smoked and emitted sparks.

Power was restored at 16:52 and the routers booted up at this point.

We would like the apologise to customers for the inconvenience caused. We are taking action shortly to install a UPS into this rack, to give all network equipment resilient feeds. Although the power to this rack is currently "protected" and comes off a UPS, the type of failure we experienced was not mitigated by this as it caused an upstream breaker to fail.

If you have any questions about this, please get in touch with us and we will be happy to help.

The RapidSwitch Team

poor excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572