Connolly missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

I was worried when it was revealed Connolly was'nt playing, however it looks like we have good cover/competition for our "best player" in Elvis
I would now save Connolly for the Luton/Hull games and give Elvis another start against Bury

Elvis's work rate was superb, he ran himself into the ground and has electrifying pace, this enabled him to create chances out of nothing and certainly offers a different option from the other strikers at the club. His finshing was poor in the first half as he snatched at a couple of very good chances, ones which Connolly would definately have dispatched, but it was his first full game, and if he can get a decent run under his belt then I think he will relax and I do believe he will score goals at this level.

After watching him today, IMO I think he could form a decent partnership with Connolly, as his hold up play is excellent and with his power and pace he could be an excellent foil for DC.

It worries me a little that at the age of 23/24 Elvis has never scored a league goal. Even in the lower divisions when he has been on loan. He seems an unlucky player and for any team to get promoted we need a bit of luck.

I hope he gets when sson coz he looks like an exciting player and I hope that one goal will lead to at least double figures for him if he were to stay all season.

he has only started 6 matches whilst on loan to clubs in England the last of those being in 2002 when he would have been about 20/21. Give him a chance he may come good

pds said:
he has only started 6 matches whilst on loan to clubs in England the last of those being in 2002 when he would have been about 20/21. Give him a chance he may come good
Looks good so far, very quick and not afraid to shoot.

hopefully he will get better and start to bang them in.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
After watching him today, IMO I think he could form a decent partnership with Connolly, as his hold up play is excellent and with his power and pace he could be an excellent foil for DC.

:038: agree with you there we was saying that on the way home after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670