Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
kam said:
In the 2003/04 he played 48 games for West Ham and scored 14 goals as follows: Preston - 2, Rushden - 2, Ipwich, Crewe - 2, Millwall, Burnley - 2, Wigan, Wolves, Coventry, Stoke.

Only 35% of goals were scored against a side in the top twelve of the table and only 1 goal scored against a top 6 side.

He also had the luxury of quality supporting strikers

Apart from two seasons at MK Dons he has done nothing

Last season he played mainly in midfield, not as a striker.

i still maintain that while it is possible for a striker to have a good run where he scores above his ability for a few games perhaps theres no such thing as a striker going on a good run for about 70 games with a close season in between - a goal scoring run stretching that long doesnt indicate luck or unusually good form, it indicates ability and good finishing. his finishing has been poor this season but i think thats just because he didnt score the 1st few games and the pressure built up, the troubles surrounding the team in general havent helped

highland fox said:
I'd imagine that we will be able to get £500,000 back for Connolly in the summer if CL wants to sell him.However reading his comments I doubt he will,Levein seems to rate Connolly.I don't know what to make of him having not seen him play that much.He doesn't seem to spend enough time in the oppositions Penalty area, whenever I've seen him play he's going out to the flank or picking the ball up from midfield.Saying that he seems to miss 'sitters' so perhaps he's better out of the Box.He doesn't seem an out and out Striker and might be better off as part of a front three or behind a front two.Saying that he can't help having Scowcroft along side or our shite midfield behind you.How did Williams do yesterday? does he get forward i.e like Izzett did?

Williams did well I thought, tried really hard, think he was trying to show CL that he is a good player and trying to get CL to start him... chased the ball from box to box, got forward as well as back. threw himself at most things. Even tho he wasn't extremely productive, it was nice to see someone who tried hard for the team

How did Tiatto get on?
Is he fully recovered now?

Joe_Fox said:
How did Tiatto get on?
Is he fully recovered now?

IMO Tiatto only came on so he could get a booking and serve his accumulative yellow card ban whislt recovering from injury, there was no way he was ready - he went in very reservedly for challenges.

did he get booked?

Joe_Fox said:
did he get booked?

Yep - for encroching a free kick.

when interveiwed on radio leicester, the presenter mentioned that Tiatto is now out for 3 games or whatever it is and Levein said in a voice that was trying sound devestated but actually sounded sarcastic - 'yes that is a blow'

There was then hysterical laughter from them both - I assume they thought they were off air as the interveiw had ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669