Pre Match Copenhagen Vs Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIF

So having been so successful with my last team line-up. Here's what I'd like for the CL game:

Kasper

Simpson
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Mahrez
Drinky
King
Musa

Okazaki
Slimani

Just the one change to Saturday's team.

Tough match, i think Slimani will come in for Vardy in the only change. Id be happy with a draw but feel we can nick it 0-1 Slimani

I think Vardy has been very good in the CL and important to how we've performed, particularly in the first two games, so will be very interesting to see what CR does now that Shinji has forced himself to be indispensable.

Schmeichel
Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs
Amartey King
Drinkwater
Mahrez Okazaki Vardy

Copenhagen are mustard at home. The most dangerous opponent in the Champs League group. We should play two holding midfielders behind Drinkwater and Mahrez Okazaki Vardy linking up in front of them.
We need to be sure not to just accept we arent going t have the ball though and get the tempo high from the start. with three midfielders and okazaki linking i fancy us to hold the ball well as a side..

worth noting that i think we could play the 343 formation that Conte and Guardiola hav bought in at Chelsea and Man City.
we already played it with a lot of the players we have during the great escape.

could conceivably play

Schmeichel
Simpson Huth Morgan
Albrighton King Drinkwater Fuchs
Mahrez Okazaki Vardy

would potentially make us tighter at the back and get Fuchs higher up the pitch more...

But you're not playing arguably our best striker and the best player at holding up the ball and taking some pressure off the defence.

I can't see ud not playing Slimani.

But you're not playing arguably our best striker and the best player at holding up the ball and taking some pressure off the defence.

I can't see ud not playing Slimani.

Correct. In that formation we'd play a false nine. Could play Slimani instead, but i wouldnt for this game...

I think we will lose here (surprise).
They are a better team than I thought and impressed me at the King Power

I would like to see the following team:

Schmeichel

Fuchs
Huth
Morgan
Simpson

Musa
Drinkwater
King
Mahrez
Shlupp

Slimani

I think we will lose here (surprise).
They are a better team than I thought and impressed me at the King Power

I would like to see the following team:

Schmeichel

Fuchs
Huth
Morgan
Simpson

Musa
Drinkwater
King
Mahrez
Shlupp

Slimani
o_O

I think you're complicating things unnecessarily Sparky. If Musa is fit it is only a question of Vardy or Slimani. I'd go with the latter.

German ref:
Referee: F. Brych
Assistant Refs: M. Borsch, S. Lupp (related to Jeff maybe)
4th Official: M. Hacker

This week's dose of perspective ... A late double by Matty Fryatt gave us our first win in five games down there in League 1.

upload_2016-11-1_9-30-39.png

upload_2016-11-1_9-27-54.png

Max Gradel - Bournemouth's saviour.

As Micky said they are a better team than they are given credit for BUT we are Leicester City and we have a goal in mind. We are going to be bombarded by Copenhagen on their own pitch but we are going to sacrifice our bodies time after time, blocking shots and keeping them out.

Then we'll hit them on the break before a successful stand that looks more like Custer's last stand (without the same conclusion) for the final 20 - 30 minutes. And we win 1-0 keeping our 100% record in the CL without a goal being conceeded.

WE ARE LEICESTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570