Injury News Coronavirus - Leicester players affected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't normally agree with Piers Morgan on anything but he is right on this - indefinite postponement until things are under control.

LEICESTER CITY STATEMENT: PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES FOR PLAYERS AND STAFF
Leicester City Football Club can confirm that, as a precautionary measure, three members of its first team squad have undertaken a period of self-isolation following recent medical advice.

In recent days, all three players presented with extremely mild illness and were advised by Club medical staff, consistent with current government guidance, to stay home and contact the NHS 111 service. All three players were subsequently advised by NHS 111 that their symptoms were consistent with common seasonal illness and that a seven-day period of self-isolation was appropriate as a precaution. There was no recommendation that further testing would be necessary. The Club is in regular contact with the relevant players, whose symptoms remain mild and self-manageable.

In the current medical climate, the Club is acutely aware of its responsibilities to all of its employees and has issued extensive internal advice consistent with current recommendations from the government and medical professionals on COVID-19 (coronavirus). All staff experiencing moderate symptoms of ill-health have been advised to stay at home, to contact NHS 111 and to follow their recommended advice.

Supporters are asked to actively seek out the latest government advice on best practice in relation to stopping the spread of the virus, which can be found here.

Anyone who has recently travelled to the United Kingdom from a country with a high risk of coronavirus should immediately seek medical advice by calling the NHS 111 service, while anyone with flu symptoms are asked to stay away from King Power Stadium to avoid a potential spread to other supporters.

The Club continues to monitor the situation closely and to take suitable measures to best protect the health of its employees, supporters and stakeholders.

Is it me or would it just not be easier to test them, establish they just have a cold, then get them to run that shit off at Watford on Saturday.

Is it me or would it just not be easier to test them, establish they just have a cold, then get them to run that shit off at Watford on Saturday.

Lack of testing kits/facilities.

Twice. Followed by bursting all his blood vessels while coughing.
Cracked 3 ribs while coughing, got a groin strain reaching for the paracetamol and paper cut from the newspaper he used to blow his nose. Poor guy!

Puzzled as to why our match is going ahead. What's the difference between our match and the Arsenal v Man City match?

If 3 players have a cold but no exposure to an affected person then there is no reason to close down a place of work. As yet.

Arsenal players had been in contact with someone who has the virus. Ours just have a bit of a cold.

If they 'just have a bit of a cold' then they would have gone to work as usual. The official advice is that if you show any symptoms then you should self-isolate for at least a week. With this in mind, it's not the players' fault that they (presumably) won't be available on Saturday, so if other games are being postponed on the basis that personnel are unavailable, then our game should too be postponed.

I think this will be a moot point after the Premier League emergency club meeting as I think all games this week will be cancelled, the season suspended, the Euros postponed until 2021, and an eight week period until another Premier League ball is kicked in competition.

This alls seems very likely. Sky and BT will also be pressured to be in the 'giving money back to punters' business if there is no action for them to broadcast for 8 weeks. If you estimate 4 to 5m UK Sky Sports homes (probably more within their 12mill subscribers) then that could start to be a pretty lumpy impact for them if they are crediting subscriptions back for 2 months.
Clubs (mostly smaller) will also be in big trouble if they rely on gate receipts for cashflow and paying staff for the next 2 months.

Hudson-Odoi now tested positive and Man City's Mendy self isolating after family member hospitalised:

Article says Arsenal game already called off??

I don't think this really needs a meeting to decide what should happen.

I didn't realise Maddison was also out until Easter or after with a calf injury?

If the Premier League accept that there's a good probability that the league will be suspended at some point in the near future (as they appear to, citing Govt advice) then I see little point in confusing the issue further by not suspending it now.

The Brighton v Arsenal match is already postponed (understandably) To my mind, it makes sense to postpone all of this weekend's fixtures with a view to making another decision next week, though the situation is certainly not going to get any better in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263