Post Match Coventry 3 Leicester 1

They are a decent team but we were very poor.
Missed Wilf, and we’ve not got him back for some time.

Suits me. More reason to hate Cov.

Pathetic second half really. A well deserved defeat.

It was an even match before the sending off, so even then a draw would have felt fair. Didn't cope well with playing so long a man down though - in some respects they did to us what we've been doing to other teams all season, just look at the posession stats! So can't complain about conceding late. On the brightside, we're still going to be top by quite away, on the downside I assume we're now going to be missing Fatuwu for the Ipswich game?

Red card made it an uphill struggle. The defending for the second and third goals was less than impressive. McAteer not covering himself in glory on number 2 and number 3 was just a wtf was that type of moment.....

Showed them way too much respect but frankly what can you do when the referee bottles it like that?

Really poor from Maresca on the whole today. The second half was a complete forfeit.

Can't think of a Leicester player who had a good game and never looked like scoring from open play. Inevitable that we could not hold out. Still, top of the league so.... (shrugs)

We’ve been conceding far too many late goals since that Sheff Weds game. Before then we’d barely conceded any in the last 15 mins.

Glad I’m not there anyway, imagine state both teams’ brightest and best fans have worked themselves up into.

Listen.

First of all, Coventry are a good side who are really well coached and were excellent value for their win. Fair play. Expect them to make another playoff run.

Second the ref was definitely ****ing useless and did us no favours at all. The penalty should have been red, the red was reactionary, and he made a series of terrible decisions.

But…we were ****ing shit in that second half. As I said in the match thread I don’t think we are remotely built to deal with being down to ten men. We like to retain the ball, which gets harder against 10. We are diabolical at defending set pieces, of which you expect more of and we concede loads of late goals.

While we have a good defensive record I’d argue we aren’t good at defending. So what does Enzo do? Abandon any pretense of playing to our strengths and completely relies on our biggest failing to see us through. I love the bloke but that was really poor in-game management today. Thankfully we don’t have to play with ten men very often.

We move on I suppose. An anomaly and we remain in a very good position.

Fancied us to lose this one anyway, if I’m being honest.

Also think Fatawu has been overdue for a break anyway.

Perspective;
We were a man down and held them pretty comfortably for 80 mins. Sure, the substitutions and tactics were baffling, but hey-ho.

We move on and we’ll still comfortably get promotion. I don’t think we missed Ndidi, as good as he has been this season. Casadei had another good game.

Fatawu has to take the lions share of responsibility for that defeat.

Stupid, stupid challenge.
He tried to win the ball back and the challenge should have been no more than a yellow. No reason to hang him out to dry.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463