Coventry Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Hunt Smells said:
So will you lot be giving those 3 players a cheer or applause?

No. ;)

2-1 To City... W*nker Wise to score the winner for us in his own net...

A man can but dream for the perfect scenario...

Nothing but pride to play for, supporters pride that is, the only pride players have is with their bank balance. I think MA will play as many ex foxes as poss and play the ' let's show them' card.
I have a nasty feeling we'll be on the wrong end of a 3-0.
God, I hope I'm wrong...

C'mon leicester!!!...

4-0 To the Foxes and I shall be clapping Impey and booing any other city reject

Duzza said:
Would you?
Of course I would expect him to celebrate, he is a professional footballer and emotions come second. He is now employed to do a job at Coventry, I would celebrate even if only to show my current employer that I am committed to them

Look at it from his point of view, he just got one over on his former employers.

Would you expect Wayne Rooney to celebrate after scoring against Everton?, I would. Beckham against United?. What would you do if we drew Tranmere in the cup next season and Hume got a last minute winner, would you expect him to celebrate? or Fryatt against Walsall?

Last edited:
Dennis Law against United
Steve Claridge against Leicester

Not everybody is the same!

And I'm really excited about this one - can't explain it with nothing at stake. Hardly been able to sleep - just about to go for the 07:55 train.

See you all later.

Melton Fox said:
Of course I would expect him to celebrate, he is a professional footballer and emotions come second. He is now employed to do a job at Coventry, I would celebrate even if only to show my current employer that I am committed to them

Look at it from his point of view, he just got one over on his former employers.

Would you expect Wayne Rooney to celebrate after scoring against Everton?, I would. Beckham against United?. What would you do if we drew Tranmere in the cup next season and Hume got a last minute winner, would you expect him to celebrate? or Fryatt against Walsall?

Matt Heath is a city fan though the others you mention aren't fans of their old clubs. All I can do is speak for myself in that if I were a professional footballer and I scored against Leicester City I wouldn't celebrate. I couldn't. I would accept I needed to do a job against my beloved club but would not celebrate scoring against them.

Duzza said:
Matt Heath is a city fan though the others you mention aren't fans of their old clubs. All I can do is speak for myself in that if I were a professional footballer and I scored against Leicester City I wouldn't celebrate. I couldn't. I would accept I needed to do a job against my beloved club but would not celebrate scoring against them.
I though Rooney was an Everton fan, how wrong can you be?

I would celebrate, I would have to, I was sent out there to do a job and I exceeded my expectations by scoring a goal. OK, so it was against the team I grew up supporting, not ideal, but I would still be over the moon.

Are we getting our wires crossed?, do you mean celebrate full stop, or rub the Leicester fans noses in it? I wouldn't celebrate in front if the Leicester fans or bench, but I certainly would go and celebrate in front of my own fans

Heath, Scowy, Impey and Micky all deserve a good reception as they all gave 100% for Leicester every time they played and none of them wanted to leave when they were made to.

Wise can f**k off! I just hope he doesn't do what he did at Millwall the season we were banned from going.

2-1 city - scowcroft, kisnorbo and wise (o.g.) in the last minute.

Melton Fox said:

I would celebrate, I would have to, I was sent out there to do a job and I exceeded my expectations by scoring a goal. OK, so it was against the team I grew up supporting, not ideal, but I would still be over the moon.

Are we getting our wires crossed?, do you mean celebrate full stop, or rub the Leicester fans noses in it? I wouldn't celebrate in front if the Leicester fans or bench, but I certainly would go and celebrate in front of my own fans

I will let you have that one ;) :icon_lol:

I wouldn't celebrate at all.

Melton Fox said:

You wouldnt have to celebrate at all. In fact some players have it written in to there contract that they dont want to play against a club they support or spent most of their career at.
Look at Claridge. When he came back with Millwall we all cheered his name when he came on the pitch. Then it turned to sarcastic booing when he scored and i remembering him laughing and shrugging his shoulders, but he never celebrated, the other players did but he didnt.
I cant speak for other players but i dont think Beckham would celebrate if he scored at Old Trafford against Utd as he has a lot of respect for the Utd fans but he would rub Fergie's nose in it. This doesnt mean though that he wouldn't give his all for the team he is playing for. And i think this goes for Matty Heath too and any other City bred players who come back to play against us.

i hope the little dwarf wanker gets the shit kicked out of him tonight if he breaks his leg it would make my day, possibly even more than a city win :icon_lol:

Seems like everyone's at the game.

Team news:
Leicester City:

Henderson

Stearman
Kisnorbo
Gerrbrand
Johansson

Maybury ©
Gudjonsson
Williams
Tiatto

Fryatt
Hume

Subs: Douglas, Brevett, Hughes, Welsh, Hammond.

Last edited:
Steven said:
Seems like everyone's at the game.

Team news:
Leicester City:

Henderson

Stearman
Kisnorbo
Gerrbrand
Johansson

Maybury ©
Gudjonsson
Williams
Tiatto

Fryatt
Hume

Subs: Douglas, Brevett, Hughes, Welsh, O'Grady.

Decent selection by Kelly IMO, we need to be strong today, in what is going to be a very physical encounter, MA will ensure that the tackles are flying in and so I am pleased that Kelly has selected 3 players in midfield who are all capable of getting stuck in, this should free up Williams to go and play further forward and try to create openings for Hume and Fryatt.

Changes I would make:

Welsh in, Tiatto out

Williams captain, maybe that could be what he needs

Melton Fox said:
Changes I would make:

Welsh in, Tiatto out

Williams captain, maybe that could be what he needs

Think we need Tiatto in the midfield today, hopefully he can get amongst Wise and ruffle the fecker up. I would imagine we will play quite narrow and compact and hope that Williams and Gudjonsson can get forward and make a few things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669