Coventry Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not read any of the last pages, but I can see that Alnwick is the topic of conversation.

He had me worried throughout the entire game. His kicking was woeful, and he didn't command his area too well. I know he's 3 years younger than Fulop, but IMO they are miles apart at the minute in terms of ability. I hope after 20 games he shows us why Tottenham sent Marton Fulop to Sunderland with 900k in return his services.

Overall I thought the team performance was much better. Hume looked hungry for action again, and Zsolt put in a great performance for his home debut. MOTM for me was Oakley. He does the simple things with so much ease and Clememce looked 100% better with having a decent player in the middle of the park with him.

I'm not going to get carried away with the result and we'l see how much they have improved at Norwich next week.

First time I've really enjoyed a match at the Walkers since the first season there. In itself, that's remarkable. We played like a team that wanted to attack, wanted to create chances, wanted to score goals, wanted to win.

The keeper was solid enough. He was not at fault for the cock-up early on. Stearman left him in no man's land.

Defensively solid but I thought it was the best performance from Mattock at left back since he came into the team. Stearman wasn't shite at all apart from his mess up early on and a few hopeless punts up field.

Midfield. Well it looks like we've finally found one. I wasn't excited at all about the signing of Oakley but he was a different class today, particularly in the second half. Looks an inspired addition. Clemence was like a new player. The left winger was a joy to watch. He is what a young player should be like, full of desire to get involved and make a name for himself. Pity many of our young players have never made such an impact. The fella on the right was less spectacular, but he impressed me. He was a little terrier.

Howard was what it says on the tin; a strong leader of the line. Like him. Hume is another I've repeatedly slated on here. Today, he was excellent. His control of the ball was great, he supported Howard and was busy on the edge of their area, getting some shots in when he could. Spot on.

Respect to Ollie. He's managed to create a team in a week. We probably need another 3-4 players in, but the man is doing a fine job based on today's evidence.

One swallow doesn't etc ... but we did look purposeful, looked for passes and Clemence and Oakley completely bossed the midfield.

Very impressive debut's by the two Hungarians. Zsolt in particular playing both left wing AND hurling himself often at the near post looking for goal chances. Even started doing Christian Ronaldo 'stepovers' in the second half to make the Cov defence look silly. His standing ovation on late substitution was well-earned and I cannot remember the last time we gave a standing ovation on a debut.

Stearman looked like a rabbit in headlamps from time to time and was found wanting on more than one occasion. Having said that he did keep Adebola quiet most of the game, which is no mean feat.

It was a tough match and we not only looked good for the win, but the football being played by us was entertaining to watch.

I do not know where Ollie will put any more players. Even left back was very ably serviced by Joe Mattock and it is easy when watching him make some big tackles, to forget that he is only 17!

I have a sneaking suspicion that when DJ is fit we may have a cracking pairing up front. Hume offers something different to these two, so I think it could be between him and DJ for the spot next to Howard.

God, we are all getting excited about a possible.................mid-table finish:icon_bigg

Last edited:
God, we are all get excited about a possible.................mid-table finish:icon_bigg

Excitement levels are all relative to the shite we have had to endure previously.

Today has seemed like the second coming. (sorry foxin_oz!)

Excitement levels are all relative to the shite we have had to endure previously.

Today has seemed like the second coming. (sorry foxin_oz!)

By the power of Dalai Lama!!!!! You can't say things like that in this day and age... :icon_wink

I've not read any of the last pages, but I can see that Alnwick is the topic of conversation.

He had me worried throughout the entire game. His kicking was woeful, and he didn't command his area too well. I know he's 3 years younger than Fulop, but IMO they are miles apart at the minute in terms of ability. I hope after 20 games he shows us why Tottenham sent Marton Fulop to Sunderland with 900k in return his services.

Overall I thought the team performance was much better. Hume looked hungry for action again, and Zsolt put in a great performance for his home debut. MOTM for me was Oakley. He does the simple things with so much ease and Clememce looked 100% better with having a decent player in the middle of the park with him.

I'm not going to get carried away with the result and we'l see how much they have improved at Norwich next week.

Im actually looking forward to that train.

I am enthused by what I have read here tonight in respect of the performance. If we can string a run together that will be a true test of these guys making a difference. A tough game against Kevin the Gerbil's Norwich follows so a positive performance and result there will show us if we are finally going in the right direction.

I am enthused by what I have read here tonight in respect of the performance. If we can string a run together that will be a true test of these guys making a difference. A tough game against Kevin the Gerbil's Norwich follows so a positive performance and result there will show us if we are finally going in the right direction.

Thats what ollie said too on RL after the game ,that we need to win 6-7 in row to get us out of where we are now

Enjoyed that. Better balanced team - Oakley MOTM helping out Clemence and clearly showing us Clem probably has been doing a two man job there. Should of finished them earlier.

Stearman up against the world's worst left winger Adebola was some show. :icon_lol:
First half he obviously was rocked by his mistake with Alnwick, he got better but surely with some boneheads chomping at the bit to see him off. He won't be a fixture for some longer. Mattock was a vast improvement on previous week.

I thought Alnwick was ok - he was making mistakes, the kind of mistakes I expect off a young keeper. Not an Aussie fool who misses crosses with no confidence at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669