Craig Lavein IMPRESSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Well hes been here a month now so we should all be able to form some knd of impression.
I was not too sure about the appointment (only because of lack of English football knowledge), but already he has won me over.
I am extremely pleased with his contribution thus far.
He has given me renewed confidence for our near and long term expectations.
He is sound tactically, has improved some weaker players and has already started to look at potential newcomers in the summer.
In fact I have nothing negative to say about him thus far.
Great work Craig, keep it going

Yep... tactically sound, seems to be a good motivater, just need to see how good he is under pressure and also how good he is in the transfer market.

id say with most lcfc expectations hes already under some sort of pressure, esspecially from us fans. for example the plymouth game at half time you could sense the fans feelings.

Impressions? Apparently he does a fantastic Frank Spencer.

Who did that O'Neill impression on here, was it Naughty Fox, it was tremendous. Before I thought that typing an impression was impossible but Naughty (or whoever it was) proved me wrong.

Do it again whoever did it, please?

It was remarkable.

Oh, and Levein has done very well so far. Averaging 1.75 points per game and a 50/50 win ratio. Long it may continue.

lako42 said:
id say with most lcfc expectations hes already under some sort of pressure, esspecially from us fans. for example the plymouth game at half time you could sense the fans feelings.

Levein saw the problems and made posive changes for the better over half-time. This seems to be one of his major strengths. He doesn't seem to change things without a purpose and when he does make alterations they do seem to have some positive consequence.
One of Adams major faults was his tactical nievity and making so many changes for no apparent reason or positive effect.
Levein also seems to know how he wants to play and what role each player must perform within that system. Just as importanly, the players seem to know too.
The indiscipline seems to have gone, he has restored the confidence of "risk" players like Stewart and Gillespie who don't need to be lambasted when they sometimes take on opponents (in attacking phases) and lose the ball. Above all, there doesn't seem any doubt who's in charge.
Levein has revitalised the whole set-up.
Now he needs backing. From the board and from the fans who need to be like Portsmouth's fans and impress their chants on the visitors even when we're not doing so well.

I do a good impression of a white eared elephant, if you want to see it ??

A few of them saw it last time you did it Homer...last week in the middle of Woolworths wasn't it?

highland fox said:
A few of them saw it last time you did it Homer...last week in the middle of Woolworths wasn't it?

...I heard it was disgusting, especially around the pick'n'mix, you dirty sod.

Joe_Fox said:
Who did that O'Neill impression on here, was it Naughty Fox, it was tremendous. Before I thought that typing an impression was impossible but Naughty (or whoever it was) proved me wrong.

It was remarkable.

Oh, and Levein has done very well so far. Averaging 1.75 points per game and a 50/50 win ratio. Long it may continue.

About 72 points for the season, enough for the play offs :?: :? :? :? :?

Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:

It was remarkable.

About 72 points for the season, enough for the play offs :?: :? :? :? :?

Correct Steven, (71.75 = 72ish). 4 games isn't enough to get a decent idea though IMO, I think it's likely that in the next 4 games we'll get 3 wins and 1 defeat (9 points). Taking the average from there we'll have 37 points from 25 games of which Levein will have picked up 16 points from 8 games - the magic two points a game average. Using this we would be on course for a total of 79 points which is pushing for the top 4 spots. Let's just hope this pans out rather than going down the pan like my 'Law of Averages' did last year. :oops:

It is still very early days yet and whilst we should not get too carried away and too excited, we should however praise the new manager for making some significant improvements in such a short space of time.

He picks a balanced side week in week out, he has tinkered with the line up so he sees as many players as possible, but has still managed to maintain the shape and style and more importantly got results. Also he has very quickly identified weaknesses and worked on them, we look a lot stronger and team spirit has definately improved.

Very Impressed.

I like having Clarke Kent as our manager, he does a super job.

homer said:
I do a good impression of a white eared elephant, if you want to see it ??
small trunk for an elephant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670