Craig Levein

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistol

As I don't have his email address, I'm gonna write in here and hope one day he looks up LCFC on the net and sees this post.

Firstly, I want to thank Craig Levein, He's done a lot for this club, although the position we're in doesn't reflect it. I never wanted him to leave, what is it going to achieve? at least he has a plan...getting in some random manager's gonna do us no favours at all...I'd already consolodated myself to getting relegated, so if it's going to happen anyway, then why not let Levein carry on with what he was doing?

The only negative I have is that defensively, we were atrocious. Paddy McCarthy is the only player who I thnk will come good in defence. I remember the Millwall game on boxing day. Stupid passbacks that didn't even work, error after error.

We, the supporters don't help much either. :038: Booing isn't gonna helping anyone. If they are playing crap, get behind them.

sup·port (s-pôrt)
v. sup·port·ed, sup·port·ing, sup·ports

To bear the weight of, especially from below.
To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping.
To be capable of bearing; withstand.
To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen.
To provide for or maintain, by supplying with money or necessities.
To endure; tolerate.
n.
The act of supporting.
The state of being supported.
One that supports or maintains.
Maintenance, as of a family, with the necessities of life.

I hope I'm not alone in feeling sadness for the loss of Levein.

See ya Craig:icon_cry:

pistol said:
I'd already consolodated myself to getting relegated, so if it's going to happen anyway, then why not let Levein carry on with what he was doing?

You may have accepted (or conceded to yourself - surely incorrect use of and spelling of consolidated!) that we're going to get relegated, but some of us haven't. A fine state the club would be in if all of our supporters (whatever definition you care to use) were as optimistic as you!

pistol said:
The only negative I have is that defensively, we were atrocious.

The ONLY negative. What about attacking? Surely this is equally, if not far more worrying than our defending!

pistol said:
I hope I'm not alone in feeling sadness for the loss of Levein.

I feel sorry for Levein cos he's a genuinely nice bloke and he has done a lot of good (wage bill, young players some of whom will do very well for the club etc.), but a change was necessary. Otherwise we would have kept on sliding... Thank him, but get over it and get behind the new bloke!

Last edited:
pistol said:
As I don't have his email address, I'm gonna write in here and hope one day he looks up LCFC on the net and sees this post.

Firstly, I want to thank Craig Levein, He's done a lot for this club, although the position we're in doesn't reflect it.

Pistol,

I agree with part of what you say. I believe that strategically CL was good for this club, i.e. reduced wage bill, younger players on longer contracts giving the club saleable assets and encouraging the academy players to come through. This would make him a good Director of Football.

However, tactically he hasn't been good enough, our league position confirms this. We have continually switched personnel, some of the substitutions have been poor and he has not been able to maintain the confidence, morale and motivation of the team. The last point is important given the age and lack of experience of the players involved.

We are in a position now where the team needs to be given a new impetus, a change that will make the players believe that things will improve. This is why I think the change in manager had to happen while there is still time to get us out of the relegation zone.

We were the bra - he was the tit. Therefore we did support correctly.

Joe_Fox said:

That's the breast post I've seen in a while. In fact both of the last two were good - what a pair!

Joe_Fox said:

Why don't you post something relevent for a change? Theres too many new topics for you to be posting this drivel in.

Yes it is a shame that Levein did go. But he had to. His long-term plans did seem good, and it would have been great if they had worked. But, he was too busy concentrating on the long-term and didn't pay enough attention to the current situation. We got dragged into the relegation dog-fight, and he is to blame for that. A lot of bad judgements were made by Levein in regards to players, coming in and out. The likes of Sylla and Kisnorbo have been awful, and he made some mistakes at the end of last season by getting rid of players such as Gillespie and Scowcroft.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Yes it is a shame that Levein did go. But he had to. His long-term plans did seem good, and it would have been great if they had worked. But, he was too busy concentrating on the long-term and didn't pay enough attention to the current situation. We got dragged into the relegation dog-fight, and he is to blame for that. A lot of bad judgements were made by Levein in regards to players, coming in and out. The likes of Sylla and Kisnorbo have been awful, and he made some mistakes at the end of last season by getting rid of players such as Gillespie and Scowcroft.

Spot on. As he said himself hopefully he has laid down the foundations for something good, but the urgent requirement meant he had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669