Craig Leveini in parallel universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
bocadillo said:
My only comment is that I don't think that the reportedly fully-fit Hughes is yet capable of more than 20 minutes.

Thats fecked it then,nobody else is worthy.Fancy a game Boc?

DurhamFox said:
he goes down in his shorts every week in hope of a game ;)

Going to be worse against Bolton...No Smith,No Hume,Elvis the Pelvis up front..:icon_sad: :icon_sad:

The only thing i don't get is why try and hang on to a lead if:

1. The team your playing against have got less players than u
2. You look absurlutley fine anyway going forwards and at the back
3. Put on a slow forward 4 a slow forward who does equally nothing
4. Take of your best player on the pitch (at corner!!!:eek: :confused: ) and put him on for a different LW huh gives the ball away leading to the equilliser:icon_sad:
5. Put a CM on for a RM and play him in the centre:eek:

I'm sorry guys but we mite hav the new tinkerman of english football after the departure of mr. Ranieri from chelski.:frown:

Claudio_14 said:
The only thing i don't get is why try and hang on to a lead if:

1. The team your playing against have got less players than u
2. You look absurlutley fine anyway going forwards and at the back
3. Put on a slow forward 4 a slow forward who does equally nothing
4. Take of your best player on the pitch (at corner!!!:eek: :confused: ) and put him on for a different LW huh gives the ball away leading to the equilliser:icon_sad:
5. Put a CM on for a RM and play him in the centre:eek:

I'm sorry guys but we mite hav the new tinkerman of english football after the departure of mr. Ranieri from chelski.:frown:

Answer to them all:

CL is the new character in the Muppet show

Although I still thing we should be playing 451-433 as I said in the Watford thread, until Hughes is fully fit, and until we can gain a bit more stability maybe 442 is the answer.

I would like to see this team given a regular run out, half our problem is the chopping and changing of the team.

--------------Douglas--------------

Maybury-McCarthy-Gerrbrand-Gilbert

Smith--Williams--Gudjonsson--Hamill

----------Hume--de Vries----------

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Sheehan, Hughes, Hammond.

This team is unapogetically attacking, with two proper wingers and an ballplaying midfielder, I think the standard is such in this division that a quick attacking team will shock and awe most teams, home and away.As I say though, the most important thing is for the team to play a regular line up and settle into a routine.

Of these players, the obvius captain is Maybury. I know some of his displays have been poor, but I agree that this is partially down to Sylla, and hope that the responsibility might bring the best out of him.

When Smith goes (how long do we have him for?) I would put Sylla back into the line up, if the spell on the sidelines hasn't put some fire in his belly nothing will and we would be as well to get rid.

jb5000 said:
Although I still thing we should be playing 451-433 as I said in the Watford thread, until Hughes is fully fit, and until we can gain a bit more stability maybe 442 is the answer.

I would like to see this team given a regular run out, half our problem is the chopping and changing of the team.

--------------Douglas--------------

Maybury-McCarthy-Gerrbrand-Gilbert

Smith--Williams--Gudjonsson--Hamill

----------Hume--de Vries----------

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Sheehan, Hughes, Hammond.

This team is unapogetically attacking, with two proper wingers and an ballplaying midfielder, I think the standard is such in this division that a quick attacking team will shock and awe most teams, home and away.As I say though, the most important thing is for the team to play a regular line up and settle into a routine.

Of these players, the obvius captain is Maybury. I know some of his displays have been poor, but I agree that this is partially down to Sylla, and hope that the responsibility might bring the best out of him.

When Smith goes (how long do we have him for?) I would put Sylla back into the line up, if the spell on the sidelines hasn't put some fire in his belly nothing will and we would be as well to get rid.

I like the team but we will have to agree to disagree on Maybury. I think Stearman is a great right back and played alot better during Maybury's suspension that Maybury has been. Make paddy captain. Other than that good team, if Williams can pull his thumb out.

Stearman/Maybury was the hardest call in the team to be honest. I think that part of the problem with starting the youths is they aren't physically developed enough to play 90 minutes saturday, wednesday, saturday, tueaday, saturday. Stearman is on some kind of intensive bodybuilding thing aiming to make him big enough to be a centre-half (why, I don't know, he could play for England at RB given the right development) this will only intesify the pressure on his body and regular games will risk serious injury. There are too many young players who end up leaving the game because of things like this (Matt Jones is a good example), you have to take things slowly with youngsters.

Last edited:
jb5000 said:
Stearman/Maybury was the hardest call in the team to be honest. I think that part of the problem with starting the youths is they aren't physically developed enough to play 90 minutes saturday, wednesday, saturday, tueaday, saturday. Stearman is on some kind of intensive bodybuilding thing aiming to make him big enough to be a centre-half (why, I don't know, he could play for England at RB given the right development) this will only intesify the pressure on his body and regular games will risk serious injury. There are too many young players who end up leaving the game because of things like this (Matt Jones is a good example), you have to take things slowly with youngsters.

I agree with what you are saying, but surely sometimes you have to take a risk, as far as I can remember Rooney and Beckham we'rent rested alot where they?

Equally I don't know why he wants to play CB, he has the pace and attacking mindset for a great RB

The most troubling thing for me last night was not the team selection, but the shocking negativity of the changes made when we were 2-1 up and largely controlling the game against an awful side down to 10 men (and it's not relevant that they're 3rd - that simply shows how dire the division is, and I don't think they'll stay there). This isn't why I go to matches, it's not why anyone I know goes to matches. Levein has lost my sympathy now, I'm not saying he should go but honestly, what a way to shoot yourself in the foot!

Supporters will usually forgive a gutsy attacking performance not yielding a result, but those subs were unforgiveable. Letting Dublin and Tiatto near the pitch is unforgiveable. I bought a Bolton ticket before the match, now I think 'why should I bother?' (Only joking Boc, I'll be on the minibus!)

beighton155 said:
I agree with what you are saying, but surely sometimes you have to take a risk, as far as I can remember Rooney and Beckham we'rent rested alot where they?

Equally I don't know why he wants to play CB, he has the pace and attacking mindset for a great RB

Absolutly my point on Stearman, he'll be a truly great RB. Different people's bodies grow at different times at those ages, it's just not valid to say 'Rooney and Beckham didn't' as it's clear from looking at Stearman's body that he's not fully developed yet (in the nicest possible way), having said that Rooney was rested regularly in his first season, and Beckham was in his 20s by the time he was a regular.

Last edited:
jb5000 said:
Stearman/Maybury was the hardest call in the team to be honest.

Play them both with Maybury right wing as in my revolutionary new line up ;)

jb5000 said:
Absolutly my point on Stearman, he'll be a truly great RB. Different people's body grow at different times at those ages, it's just not valid to say 'Rooney and Beckham didn't' as it's clear from looking at Stearman's body that he's not fully developed yet (in the nicest possible way), having said that Rooney was rested regularly in his first season, and Beckham was in his 20s by the time he was a regular.

Stearman does have the best "chicken legs" i've ever seen!:081:

Polar Bear said:
I bought a Bolton ticket before the match, now I think 'why should I bother?' (Only joking Boc, I'll be on the minibus!)

I haven't bought my tikcet yet and I'm thinking "Why should I bother".

The unfortunate think is that I'm the driver and I'm not sure whether I'm joking or not!

I'm sure Phil 'n Paul can talk you round!

highland fox said:
Play them both with Maybury right wing as in my revolutionary new line up ;)

All hail the next LCFC manager :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00