Craig Shakespeare - RIP - a legend, taken too soon

Other than the fact that he was behind my rare betting episodes (Prem winners and next manager), he was the essential man behind the scenes who keeps everything running smoothly and successfully. He might not have been a natural front man, but he was the one who knew what worked and how it worked and kept essential communication and motivation going. Successful sports teams need these guys, they don't necessary want or need public aclamation and Shakey was a prime example. Fearless and forever in our hearts.

He was a just a really good bloke. His impact on, and importance to our title winning team is never to be underestimated.

RIP Shakey.

Staggering.

Only a year older than me (I seem to be saying that sort of thing worryingly often lately) Difficult to overstate the importance of his contribution to the greatest time of our sporting lives. Will probably pass relatively unnoticed in the wider world...but WE remember & WE won't forget.

RIP

Gutted by this news. Loved the bloke. RIP Shakey. Thanks for the beautiful memories.

Shocking news. Respected within the footballing world. Would love to have sampled his humour first hand. RIP Two balls Shakey.

This is very sad news. Shakey was always entertaining on the touchline and he was involved in a frankly unbelievable part of our club's history.

Immortal through achievement but RIP Shakey.

A bit late to post but devastated to hear this news. RIP Shakey, thanks for the great contribution to our football club - your football club.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45