Craigs Crystal Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

He's been here long enough to both assess and learn current players feelings about next season, indeed has already started the re-building with the imminent arrival of Kisnarbo.
Here is my guess on CL's current/future thoughts

2 assumptions, 442 formation and younger team!

Here goes:-

gOALKEEPER ;- Walker/Taylor - I think he will buy Taylor as a No 1 or as back up to Walker if he stays on reduced wages.

Right Back ;- Maybury - not been here long but obviously going to be our first choice with back -up from Canero, Stearman and possibly Kisnarbo.

Centre Backs ;- a difficult one, probably need 2 new players with back up from Heath Stearman and Kisnarbo.

Left Back ;- Stewart - done well under CL probable back up from Sheenan and Tiatto if necesssary.

Right Wing :- Gillespie has done better under CL but dont know if it will be enough for another contract, minimum back-up required here.

Defensive Midfield:- Kisnarbo, back up from Dawson and Gudjohnsen

Creative/Attacking Midfield;- Williams , Probably need back-up

Left Wing:-Tiatto, back up from Morris but probable looking at a new player here

Striker:- DeVries, need new player as back up/competition

Striker:- Connolly - need new player as back up/competion

I make that 6 more signings plus Taylor

Departures - 9 - Makin, Keown, Elliott, Dublin, Gemmill, Nalis, Benjamin, Blake and Scowcroft.

Im not sure about Wright and no doubt I may also have missed other obvious players, but it would be a better squad than we started with this season.
And there are also going to be differences of opinions and circumstances which will make differences , but they are my thoughts at this moment in time

Agreed. I think he will definately be looking to move out those suggested but dont you think that leaves us a bit short on experience. It would make probably someone like Tiatto our most experienced player!

Nalis to go :?:

Depends what you term to be expierience.Someone like Maybury as played in Europe,played for his Country etc.I don't think you have to be old to have expierience and I don't think CL is planning on getting rid of anybody just because they are over a certain age.

Nalis wont go :!:

he did say he was retiring at the end of the season he may change his mind

Nalis will leave at the end of the season. With him going Levein needs to buy at least 1 centre back and another centre-midfielder (if not two in each of these positions). On the Pressman front....he wont leave since he is the goalkeeping coach, he will just be phased out of the squad

Would rather have flowers back or offer walker that post. Pressmans decision making and positional sense is quite poor at times. It is only his shot stopping abilities that make him a reasonable keeper, i wouldnt consider him a good example for any young keepers coming through.

Lboro fox said:
Would rather have flowers back or offer walker that post. Pressmans decision making and positional sense is quite poor at times. It is only his shot stopping abilities that make him a reasonable keeper, i wouldnt consider him a good example for any young keepers coming through.[/quote]

I cannot believe you say such a thing about a model pro like Pieman, look how he has looked after his body....it's a temple or is that the size of a temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00