Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really great match, was on the road for most of it and there was never a dull moment. Gutted about the tie really but a good result considering the position with three overs to go

I have to give it to England, gave a great fight for the game and i actually thought it was going to be a win for england, Powerplay saved us!

Brilliant game to watch!!

Has anyone seen Sri Lanka's Malinga "bowl"?
I don't know what the rules/laws are for bowling but if Malinga doesn't chuck or throw the ball, then I'm a monkey's uncle.
I think he has been questioned about this before.

Has anyone seen Sri Lanka's Malinga "bowl"?
I don't know what the rules/laws are for bowling but if Malinga doesn't chuck or throw the ball, then I'm a monkey's uncle.
I think he has been questioned about this before.

Definition of fair delivery - the arm
A ball is fairly delivered in respect of the arm if, once the bowler’s arm has reached the level of the shoulder in the delivery swing, the elbow joint is not straightened partially or completely from that point until the ball has left the hand. This definition shall not debar a bowler from flexing or rotating the wrist in the delivery swing.

I agree that he looks like a chucker, but his action has been examined many times and it has been established that he bowls fairly. His arm is straighter throughout his action; it only needs to be straight once it reaches shoulder level.

Whilst underarm bowling is banned, his action would be called round-armed which is not banned his arm does reach shoulder level. He uses a lot of flexion in his wrist.

Like you though, I think his action looks and seems unfair despite what the authorities have ruled.

Cheers Boc, I thought he had been pulled over his action, ooer missus!

It just seems so pronounced and I also thought Muralitharan was another chucker.

When I played cricket as a kid I was always taught that your bowling arm should brush your ear, as you bowled. If that makes sense.

Personally, I think they have played too much cricket over the last 3 months.
After the Ashes were the 1 dayers really needed before the world cup?

That still doesn't excuse some of the sloppy play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669