Crowds at the Walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer said:
I was only joking, you turd :wink:

Hahaa!

That's the spirit, you turd burglar you. :lol:

Have just bought a ticket for Monday for the misses. Give her a treat as its bank holiday!!!

I am season ticket holder and the seat next to me is empty!! this year. Another part time supporter diappeared this season.

Have had to shell out 26.50 including booking fee, they offer no reduction for season ticket holders buying extra tickets.Surely if they rewarded there loyal supporters with some bonus tickets for the less attractive fixtures, we could fill up the gtound, craete better atmosphere, and improve the relationship with the paying guests!! ( Us the customer)

monafox said:
Have just bought a ticket for Monday for the misses. Give her a treat as its bank holiday!!!

I am season ticket holder and the seat next to me is empty!! this year. Another part time supporter diappeared this season.

Have had to shell out 26.50 including booking fee, they offer no reduction for season ticket holders buying extra tickets.Surely if they rewarded there loyal supporters with some bonus tickets for the less attractive fixtures, we could fill up the gtound, craete better atmosphere, and improve the relationship with the paying guests!! ( Us the customer)

My sentiments exactly. Remember when we beat Milwall 4-1 two seasons ago, we gave about a 1000 tickets to local school kids, gave them away! It was a great atmosphere and we stuffed the proverbial lions shite up Dennis's ass. This season its different. For some perverted reason, the parasites who run the club prefer empty seats - a disturbing affiliation with the colour blue you may think - you'd be wrong, it's because they are brain dead sperm faces.

i have paid £380 for my ticket and £200 odd for my lads but i for one would be happy for empty seats to go just causes underpriveledged kids etc. last time they gave them to schools some little parasite was selling them in the pub for a tenner each :roll:

lazzer said:
i have paid £380 for my ticket and £200 odd for my lads but i for one would be happy for empty seats to go just causes underpriveledged kids etc. last time they gave them to schools some little parasite was selling them in the pub for a tenner each :roll:

Birch?

lazzer said:
homer said:
Was his name Mace junior, by any chance ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: probably :roll:

Bedlam in Belgium
It was bedlam in Belgium
Bedlam in Belgium
Came for a good time
Left on the run.
Bedlam in Belgium
Who's to blame, it's a shame

Just for you Lazzer.

Come rain or shine I will be there. Please bear in mind it's a bank holiday, mid day kick off, not the most attractive fixture in the season. I predict around 18,000, which is very poor.

Come on boys and girls if you have blue blood then it doesn't matter what time the kick off is or who we are playing or what day of the week it is.

If you support a club then the only real way is go down and cheer all the boys on. The amount of times the players state that the crowd can be an extra man on the pitch. IMO I think these boys need all the support they can get at the moment.

Keep the Faith and get behind the boys and keep the dream alive!

Joe_Fox said:
lazzer said:
homer said:

Bedlam in Belgium
It was bedlam in Belgium
Bedlam in Belgium
Came for a good time
Left on the run.
Bedlam in Belgium

Just for you Lazzer.

thats an obscure one joe prefer whole lotta rosie :wink:

lazzer said:
Joe_Fox said:
lazzer said:
homer said:

Bedlam in Belgium
It was bedlam in Belgium
Bedlam in Belgium
Came for a good time
Left on the run.
Bedlam in Belgium

Just for you Lazzer.

Why didn't you say?!?!!

Wanna tell you a story
'Bout a woman I know
When it comes to lovin'
Oh she steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
You could say she's got it all

Deanos Beano said:
Come rain or shine I will be there. Please bear in mind it's a bank holiday, mid day kick off, not the most attractive fixture in the season. I predict around 18,000, which is very poor.

Come on boys and girls if you have blue blood then it doesn't matter what time the kick off is or who we are playing or what day of the week it is.

If you support a club then the only real way is go down and cheer all the boys on. The amount of times the players state that the crowd can be an extra man on the pitch. IMO I think these boys need all the support they can get at the moment.

Keep the Faith and get behind the boys and keep the dream alive!

It's not about 'true fans' not going down though, as stated at the start of this thread somewhere we only have a fan-base of about 15k 'loyal fans', this might have grown a bit over the recent good years but probably not to more than 19k, the rest of the stadium has to be filled by 'fair weather fans', 'apathetic football fans', 'corporate' and 'give-away tickets'. 22k would have been a packed Filbo remember.

With this £5 discount I think Brighton's attendance will be about the same as the Watford game (perhaps a bit less), without it I would have said we'd have less than 20k.

homer said:
I'm just not making rash judgements without full possession of the facts

the Wolves game is an important factor, which you should be building into your crowd estimate equation

I ought to add the weather factor as well, but can't be arsed

And if Julia Roberts is making a guest appearance, and if City haven't had all their best players suspended, and if Mars is in conjunction with youranus...

Joe_Fox said:
lazzer said:
Joe_Fox said:
lazzer said:
homer said:

Bedlam in Belgium
It was bedlam in Belgium
Bedlam in Belgium
Came for a good time
Left on the run.
Bedlam in Belgium

Just for you Lazzer.

Why didn't you say?!?!!

Wanna tell you a story
'Bout a woman I know
When it comes to lovin'
Oh she steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
You could say she's got it all

Does Wayne Rooney know about her?

Joe_Fox said:
22,478 is not acceptable for LCFC, in fact, it's a damn disgrace. I know it's been said time and time again but why the hell don't the greedy fat cats who wear suits, eat prawn sandwiches and live off our money actually sit down and think before snatching money. A 70% full ground is not the backing an apparantly promotion challenging team can be founded on.

Let's do some maths and basic economics. If the ticket price was was directly linked with demand then it means that as the ticket price drops, the ticket demand will rise. Obviously there is a certain amount of inelasticity in this theory because many fans are die hard fans who will pay anything (much like smokers although these tend to die soft). Now let's say that, for example, if the ticket price was £30 each then the demand would be 70% of the total tickets available (as is roughly the case now). Let's also say that every pound that comes off this ticket price the demand goes up by 2%. If this was the case then if the parasites that run our beloved club lower the base price of tickets by £10 then the demand for tickets would rise by 20%. This means that a crowd of 22,400 in a stadium with a capacity of 32,000 would swell to an improved 28,800. I'm sure you would agree that this would be good for a championship team.

The revenue gained from this suggestion and the current situation are £576,000 and £672,000 respectively. Although the club would 'lose' £96,000 per match (on tickets only), a nearly full house would be so much better than a half empty stadium. The results on the pitch would make up the short fall in finances eventually. (Also, with more fans in the stadium, more pies, programmes, beer, etc will be sold and make up the deficit).

The problem is that because this herd of oversized pompous idiots (the board) have already sold plenty of season tickets, etc, the cannot then go back and lower the prices as it would cause an uproar with the people who had already paid the over inflated price.

It's a disgusting situation to be in and is unfortunately beginning to cast a shadow over the main element in all this - Football.

I just hope that people will believe in this team and dig deep to support them.

Sorry JF but a 20% increase on 22,400 would produce 26,880.

Billy Boy said:
Joe_Fox said:
22,478 is not acceptable for LCFC, in fact, it's a damn disgrace. I know it's been said time and time again but why the hell don't the greedy fat cats who wear suits, eat prawn sandwiches and live off our money actually sit down and think before snatching money. A 70% full ground is not the backing an apparantly promotion challenging team can be founded on.

Let's do some maths and basic economics. If the ticket price was was directly linked with demand then it means that as the ticket price drops, the ticket demand will rise. Obviously there is a certain amount of inelasticity in this theory because many fans are die hard fans who will pay anything (much like smokers although these tend to die soft). Now let's say that, for example, if the ticket price was £30 each then the demand would be 70% of the total tickets available (as is roughly the case now). Let's also say that every pound that comes off this ticket price the demand goes up by 2%. If this was the case then if the parasites that run our beloved club lower the base price of tickets by £10 then the demand for tickets would rise by 20%. This means that a crowd of 22,400 in a stadium with a capacity of 32,000 would swell to an improved 28,800. I'm sure you would agree that this would be good for a championship team.

The revenue gained from this suggestion and the current situation are £576,000 and £672,000 respectively. Although the club would 'lose' £96,000 per match (on tickets only), a nearly full house would be so much better than a half empty stadium. The results on the pitch would make up the short fall in finances eventually. (Also, with more fans in the stadium, more pies, programmes, beer, etc will be sold and make up the deficit).

The problem is that because this herd of oversized pompous idiots (the board) have already sold plenty of season tickets, etc, the cannot then go back and lower the prices as it would cause an uproar with the people who had already paid the over inflated price.

It's a disgusting situation to be in and is unfortunately beginning to cast a shadow over the main element in all this - Football.

But I said a 20% increase on 32,000, not 22,400 so ner ner na ner nerr.

*back of the net*

Joe_Fox said:
Billy Boy said:
Joe_Fox said:

But I said a 20% increase on 32,000, not 22,400 so ner ner na ner nerr.

*back of the net*

Sorry JF didn't read the complete post, kind of lost the will to live halfway through. Yawn!

*goal disallowed for offside* :wink:

I reckon that if we played a better style of football, then more people would turn up for matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669