Post Match Crystal Palace 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appalling. Castagne, Iheanacho and Vardy get a pass. That’s it. We look like easy meat for anyone willing to put in any sort of graft against us. We were second best all over the pitch and by a long, long way, Choudhury and Barnes were beyond hopeless and then we bought Soumare in; who was beyond hopeless.

We look completely bereft of confidence not to say, talent. We are going to be fighting it out for 14th if we are lucky. Something is rotten and I think this is a cycle that is going to be very, very difficult to break. No pace, no inventiveness, no creativity, no care.

I am quickly losing patience with unfathomable management decisions and desperate changes for changes sake. Don’t give me any waffle about injuries, we can’t possibly be as bad as we were today without looking much more holistically at what on earth is going on at the club.

Nacho has to start more though doesn't he?

If we were playing again this week I'd be trying to make the defence more solid while keeping Vardy and Nacho together up top.

Kasper
Ricardo, Castagne, Vestergaard, Soyuncu, Bertrand
Soumare, Youri
Maddison
Nacho, Vardy

This is going to sound mad. I’d take midtable now if you offered it.

From what I’ve seen we are as bad as anyone else in the league, Norwich aside.

Particularly noticed today just how poor we are at clearing the ball. So not only do we get jittery when teams run at us and make mistakes, when we do get the ball we just constantly give it back to them be that Kasper, Cags or Bertrand.

And Palace were simply getting to the ball faster than us all game.

Surprised we got away with 2-2.

i always felt this year was going to be a let down, maybe a top 8 finish. But now we’re going to be in for a few tough weeks at looking down the table and we know we don’t have the players to dig deep. Worried.

There is something very wrong at this club. I've seen it in the past - this knid of thing goes on for a while before big changes sort it it out.

Thank heavens for Jamie Vardy. He is more than A Good Player.

Congerton. ****ing Congerton.
I don’t buy this. Vestergaard was okay today as was Lookman. Okay, Bertrand and Soumare look shite but no worse than Barnes, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Choudhury. The problem is that our best players are performing atrociously.

This is going to sound mad. I’d take midtable now if you offered it.

From what I’ve seen we are as bad as anyone else in the league, Norwich aside.

That is mad. Yes we've been bad so far, but we've played 7 league games.

I'm very worried about our defence but even if you assume we draw and lose games until JJ and Evans are back, we should have enough to finish top 8 still in this season with the quality we have.

Just need to a reverse of our last 2 seasons.

The defensive worries are bad though because there's so few options to change it

Appalling. Castagne, Iheanacho and Vardy get a pass. That’s it. We look like easy meat for anyone willing to put in any sort of graft against us. We were second best all over the pitch and by a long, long way, Choudhury and Barnes were beyond hopeless and then we bought Soumare in; who was beyond hopeless.

We look completely bereft of confidence not to say, talent. We are going to be fighting it out for 14th if we are lucky. Something is rotten and I think this is a cycle that is going to be very, very difficult to break. No pace, no inventiveness, no creativity, no care.

I am quickly losing patience with unfathomable management decisions and desperate changes for changes sake. Don’t give me any waffle about injuries, we can’t possibly be as bad as we were today without looking much more holistically at what on earth is going on at the club.
I think something is wrong too. It’s not a happy together looking group.

Still think Fofana absence is a massive massive problem.

But we have to deal with it and adjust accordingly. We’ve completely failed thus far.

I don’t buy this. Vestergaard was okay today as was Lookman. Okay, Bertrand and Soumare look shite but no worse than Barnes, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Choudhury. The problem is that our best players are performing atrociously.
I am sorry but his job is to improve the squad and he hasn’t. The best you can say is that someone was ‘okay’. We need better than okay.

Going two up in such a way was problematic in that Rodgersnassumed everything was hunky dory at HT. It wasn’t. We had been ****ing dreadful in the first and changes needed making but the score flattered to deceive and so he left it too late. Again.

That is mad. Yes we've been bad so far, but we've played 7 league games.

I'm very worried about our defence but even if you assume we draw and lose games until JJ and Evans are back, we should have enough to finish top 8 still in this season with the quality we have.

Just need to a reverse of our last 2 seasons.

The defensive worries are bad though because there's so few options to change it

I’m far more focused on the results of Newcastle, Palace, Watford, et al than those of Spurs, Arsenal, United.

We stole 3 points from the Wolves and Norwich games as well. VAR saved us last week…
Could and probably should be in the bottom 3

I am sorry but his job is to improve the squad and he hasn’t. The best you can say is that someone was ‘okay’. We need better than okay.
But if Barnes, Ricardo, Tielemans, Soyuncu had bothered turning up this season we’d have been fine. They just haven’t. Vestergaard was excellent for Southampton last year and so I can see that signing making perfect sense. Lookman has been our most creative player, probably our best outside of Castagne. Bertrand made no sense to me and yet most on here were happy with that signing so he gets a pass there too. The jury is out on Soumare and Daka.

Blaming Congerton for the massive failings of our established players and our manager makes very little sense to me. Blame whoever it is who is failing to get even 10% out of our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757