Crystal Palace - 2nd January 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

Crystal Palace

Whos going to the palace game on the 2nd? think me and my mates may make the journey although after tonights game im not too sure. Anyone know where the leicester fans have drank in the past and where any of you will be drinking before the game?

2,300 allocation i think but cant see us taking all of them at the mo.

Re: Crystal Palace

The London Branch, as per usual, will be drinking in the hugely inappropriately named " Victory ", 150 Gillett Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8SN. It is ten minutes walk fron Thornton Heath station, the ground being a further ten minutes walk. You can look it up in an A-Z, or log on to www.multimap.co.uk and punch in the post code.

Last edited:

Real Sharapova said:
The London Branch, as per usual, will be drinking in the hugely inappropriately named " Victory ", 150 Gillett Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8SN. It is ten minutes walk fron Thornton Heath station, the ground being a further ten minutes walk. You can look it up in an A-Z, or log on to www.multimap.co.uk and punch in the post code.

Or try this link. :icon_razz :icon_wink

Right outside of Norwood Junction train station, there's a pub we can take over (have done in the past...)...

Hope there's a few of us?

I think it's The Railway, the LB normally use it after the game, as I said, we use the Victory before the game.

Crystal Palace - 2nd January

Kick off: 3PM

Tickets: 2,337 seats, £20 for adults and £12 for senior citizens. On general sale now.

Directions:
Leave the M25 at Junction 7 and follow the signs for the A23 to Croydon. At Purley bear left onto the A23 at its junction with the A 235 (to Croydon). You will pass roundabouts and junctions with the A232 and A236 as you pass Croydon, after which the A23 bears left at Thornton Heath (at the Horseshoe pub roundabout). Here you must go straight over, into Brigstock Road (B266), passing Thornton Heath Station on your left and bearing right on to the High Street. At the next mini roundabout, (Whitehorse Road/Grange Road) go left into Whitehorse Lane. The ground is on your right.

Parking: Plenty of street parking.

This is one of the more difficult London grounds to get to, I've always found it much easier to go by train.

Trains: Several stations close to the ground. I've always used Norwood junction, but Selhurst and Thornton Heath stations are also within walking distance. Don't go to Crystal Palace station, it's nowhere near the ground. Train ticket info to come later.

Coach: Fox Travel coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 9am, priced at £15 adults and £13 concessions

Pubs: Lots of pubs close to the ground.

Real Sharapova said:
I think it's The Railway, the LB normally use it after the game, as I said, we use the Victory before the game.
I'm talking cobblers, the Railway is turn right out of Thornton Heath station.:119:

:038: Anyone sends me a ticket...(and a plane ticket!) I'll be delighted to go...I'd even sit next to Levein!

got me tickets going early does anyone know if theres a pizza hut or pizza express or something similar nearby to have a decent meal at before the game:icon_cool

Johnb_lcfc said:
got me tickets going early does anyone know if theres a pizza hut or pizza express or something similar nearby to have a decent meal at before the game:icon_cool
Dunno about a decent meal, but there's loads of fast food outlets between Thornton Heath station and the ground - all look good for a bit of Salmonella.

The Livingston Fox said:
Anyone going by train and if so what time are you due into Euston?

Euston? :102: :102:

alex said:
Right outside of Norwood Junction train station, there's a pub we can take over (have done in the past...)...

Hope there's a few of us?

I think it's called the Cherry Tree, many happy memories of pre-match drinks before that great semi-final against the Wombles.

Just been checking the trains for Monday.

From Leicester there are still some reduced priced tickets left, singles are available from £11 each way - but unless you plan to stay in London for a few hours after the match you might have to pay a bit more than that for the return journey.

How long does it normally take to get to Selhurst via Fox Travel? Apparently the bus leaves at 9am. I've also heard that Selhurst is a pain to get too.... :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566