Pre Match Crystal Palace (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Leicester hold a narrow 22 wins to 20 lead over Crystal Palace after 58 competitive matches spanning 90 years.

• Leicester won the reverse fixture 3-0, and are looking to tie up a second double over the Eagles in three seasons.

• Palace's only victory over the Foxes in six league meetings was 3-2 at Selhurst Park in the Championship in August 2010.

Crystal Palace

• Crystal Palace have won three of their last four league matches.

• The Eagles have won two and drawn five of their last seven Championship games at Selhurst Park, since defeat to Middlesbrough on 17 September.

• Dougie Freedman took over as caretaker manager of Palace on New Years' Day 2011.

Leicester City

• Leicester have drawn the last two, and three of four league games - all by 1-1 scores.

• Nigel Pearson has registered two wins, four draws and two defeats since his return, but is yet to inspire the Foxes to an away win under his renewed tenure.

• The East Midlands club have not lost their first league match of the year since 2008.

Tunchev for Bamba , who moves to midfield to replace Wellens or King and play alongside Abe, Shlupp/Gally wide Nugent/Beckford ip front - hard fought narrow 0-1 victory, this xmas is a series of shock results why not this!

My line up would be

Schmichael

Peltier
Mills
Bamba
Konchesky

Abe
Wellens
Danns

Gallagher
Nugent
Schlupp

Subs
Tunchev
King
Dyer
Beckford
Howard

Playing Bamba hopelessly out of position will not solve any problems but instead create a whole new set.

How is playing him in Centre Midfield hopelessly out of position? He played CM for Hibs, Hibs fans regard him as a midfielder and wonder why we play him in defence

After seeing his powerful runs box-to-box on Boxing Day, I have pondered what a powerful midfield presence Bamba would make.

Who takes over at the back? Is Tunchev fit, yet alone match-fit? Mills is often flaky. St. Ledger appears to be on the first bus out of here. Put Paintsil inside? And Berner and Ball have had no competitive time at all in the league.

I don't mind the idea of moving Bamba into midfield so much, infact I think he'd be decent there. Although surely we are looking for more creativity in midfield and not sure Bamba will give us that? Plus - is Tunchev fit enough? We've not heard alot about him of late..

I'd go:

Schmeichel, Peltier, Mills, Bamba, Konchesky, Danns, Gallagher, Abe, Dyer, Nugent, Beckford

King and Wellens should not make the team due to repeated poor individual performances.

I don't mind the idea of moving Bamba into midfield so much, infact I think he'd be decent there. Although surely we are looking for more creativity in midfield and not sure Bamba will give us that? Plus - is Tunchev fit enough? We've not heard alot about him of late..

I'd go:

Schmeichel, Peltier, Mills, Bamba, Konchesky, Danns, Gallagher, Abe, Dyer, Nugent, Beckford

King and Wellens should not make the team due to repeated poor individual performances.

And yet you'd play Dyer who has been the worst performer this season by a mile?

Tunchev for Bamba , who moves to midfield to replace Wellens or King and play alongside Abe, Shlupp/Gally wide Nugent/Beckford ip front - hard fought narrow 0-1 victory, this xmas is a series of shock results why not this!
I often wonder why NP got the job, and now I know. You're already managing in the Premier League aren't you? Is that you, Sir Alex?

Should be a another straight-forward 4-0 win. Goals from Konchesky, Mills, and two from Abe. All regular stuff.

It's going to be tight either way. I think Palace will sneak it. Wellens will start despite no one being able to fathom why

I'd go:

The theory of playing Danns instead of Wellens was hardly supported by yesterday's evidence, as we looked less of a threat when Danns replaced Wellens (have to agree with Youngy who said the same on RL)

What is the reason for the early kick-off if it's not on the telly anyway?

It's going to be tight either way. I think Palace will sneak it. Wellens will start despite no one being able to fathom why

Agree Palace will probably win... we hardly ever win there... and i hope your wrong with Wellens ... he really should be dropped now... i just hope we show some determination and a will to win..

As for the rest of the team... i can only put Peltier , Kasper, and maybe Konch & Bamber to the team sheet ... after that ... i'm unsure of all the rest of them now'..

ho hum....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670