Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-72 Benteke with 24 hat tricks.

This is the game I have not be looking forward to I have absolutely no idea why as given the form we are in we should beat Palace comfortably. Fingers crossed we get a win and roll into the Arsenal game breathing down Man City and Liverpool's necks.

**** it 3 nil win for us Vardy brace and Maddison 30 yard free kick.

Form wise we are ready to beat Palace and rightly so. We are 2 wins to their loss and draw and we are flying! Hot on the tail of MC, we have a group of players who SO want this, youngsters who are in the very niche of hunger and a mix of wisdom/experience that will not only carry the youngsters through but galvanise the whole team. I have long feared CP over the past few seasons but NO MORE!l Palace 0-2 The Mighty Foxes!!!

I'm never confident that we'll get a win in this fixture. Selhurst Park seems a tough place to go for Leicester. Hopefully we spank them.

Crystal Palace have won their last four Premier League meetings with Leicester by an aggregate score of 13-1 – in their top-flight history the Eagles have only ever won five in a row against Wimbledon (1989-1991).

Leicester have lost four of their seven Premier League away games against Crystal Palace, failing to score in each defeat. However, they’ve never lost away at Palace in the competition when they’ve found the net (W2 D1).

This will be Crystal Palace’s fourth Premier League game in a row against a side starting in the top five of the table – the first side to have done so since Wolves in November 2010.

Leicester’s last away game saw them record the biggest ever away win in English top-flight history (9-0). However, the Foxes have won just one of their last 14 Premier League games in London (D6 L7).

Crystal Palace haven’t lost back-to-back Premier League home games since March. They’ve won 53% of their Premier League points at Selhurst Park this season (8/15), compared to just 41% last season (20/49).

Leicester haven’t won away on a Sunday in the Premier League since April 2016 (2-0 at Sunderland), drawing three and losing six since then.

Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha has scored in each of his last three Premier League games against Leicester. He’s scored four goals in total against the Foxes, more than he has vs any other side in the competition.

Crystal Palace striker Jordan Ayew has scored four goals in his last eight Premier League games, more than he had in his previous 32 in the competition (3). However, only one of his strikes this season have come at Selhurst Park.

Following his hat-trick at Southampton last time out, Leicester’s Jamie Vardy is the top scoring Premier League player this season coming into this round of matches (9). His nine goals have come from just 20 shots in total, giving him a conversion rate of 45%, the highest of any player to have had at least 10 attempts.

Four of James Maddison’s five goal involvements for Leicester in the Premier League this season have come in away games (2 goals, 2 assists).

This is the first of the real season definers for us.
Away game against a bogey side
Backing up a fantastic performance & could put 7 points between us and those outside the Top 4 which gives us confidence and room for a stray bad performance somewhere down the line.

Really keen to see a strong marker put down.

I wonder, if this is the stage for Benkovic to make his debut. I know that Benteke is not prolific, but his aerial power does cause us problems: only difficulty is which of our centre backs would you drop?

I wonder, if this is the stage for Benkovic to make his debut. I know that Benteke is not prolific, but his aerial power does cause us problems: only difficulty is which of our centre backs would you drop?
None of them. Has Benkovic even been on the bench so far?

He wasn’t even in the team against Burton Albion. Today is not the stage for him to make his debut.

There are likely to be eight of the same starters as the last time we played them, that horrific 1-4 defeat back in February.

It's pretty extraordinary how much we've kicked on in that time. Meanwhile, Palace will be exactly the same. Organised and dull as feck.

Today is an opportunity to make a statement that we cannot be beaten by a side that have organisation and nothing more. How we play today - and what the result is - is extremely important to our season.

He wasn’t even in the team against Burton Albion. Today is not the stage for him to make his debut.

Of course it's not, that would be insane

He's not even playing for the u23s FFS

There are likely to be eight of the same starters as the last time we played them, that horrific 1-4 defeat back in February.

It's pretty extraordinary how much we've kicked on in that time. Meanwhile, Palace will be exactly the same. Organised and dull as feck.

Today is an opportunity to make a statement that we cannot be beaten by a side that have organisation and nothing more. How we play today - and what the result is - is extremely important to our season.

Absolutely right. Top teams go away and win games like these against moderate opposition, witness yesterday's victories by Liverpool and Chelsea.

Palace looked very ordinary at home to Man Utd last week and we should beat them if we have aspirations to break through the glass ceiling of the top 4.

Absolutely right. Top teams go away and win games like these against moderate opposition, witness yesterday's victories by Liverpool and Chelsea.

Palace looked very ordinary at home to Man Utd last week and we should beat them if we have aspirations to break through the glass ceiling of the top 4.
Correction. At home to Manchester City.

People underestimating Palace. Close to a top six side over last 6 months.

This definitely!!

Only 5-6 points less than us since Rodgers took over.

Certainly won't be an easy one like a lot on here seem to think it will/should be.

People underestimating Palace. Close to a top six side over last 6 months.
I don’t see that in most posts. More of a point that Palace seem to be a bogey team to us but if we want to push on this is the sort of game we must come away from with a point at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363