Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think, at the moment, we have the strength or fortitude, to go all out attack at the moment, like some would like to see.

Softly softly approach, put points on the board, [fingers crossed] get a bit of confidence. then increase the tempo at slightly earlier times, than at present. [of course depends on opponents]

All out attack is obviously a bit daft

Almost, but not quite, as daft as playing Skipp, Winks and Ndidi in the starting line up

Hopefully will be something in between

All out attack is obviously a bit daft

Almost, but not quite, as daft as playing Skipp, Winks and Ndidi in the starting line up

Hopefully will be something in between
I agree. That's why I included Ndidi or Skipp and Winks in there to hold the midfield. They need creativity as well which will come in the shape of Buonanotte or El Khannouss. Mavididi and Ricardo just make sense.

It's a lineup that gives us a stronger defence, two defensive midfielders and a chance of creating something.

You might want to see that line up, but I think the chance of us starting with a team that attacking, is fairly minimal.
Is it that attacking? It's changing a RB for a RB, a LB for a decent LB option whilst still including two defensive midfielders....

It's hardly balls to the wall attack is it.

If he starts with Skipp, Winks and Ndidi again he wants sacking on the spot

Even I don’t think he’s that ****ing stupid

BN is right - Buonanotte for Ndidi, and Mavididi for Fatawu

Is it that attacking? It's changing a RB for a RB, a LB for a decent LB option whilst still including two defensive midfielders....

It's hardly balls to the wall attack is it.
Nope, but compared to how we’ve been setting up, having two attacking wingers and an attacking central midfielder is a big step. I agree with BN, in that I think it’ll be Buonanotte and I reckon he’ll probably pick Mavididi instead of Fatawu, but not both of them.

As for the full backs, it could happen, but he hasn’t shown any inclination to change that position yet, so I just can’t see it happening.

Nope, but compared to how we’ve been setting up, having two attacking wingers and an attacking central midfielder is a big step. I agree with BN, in that I think it’ll be Buonanotte and I reckon he’ll probably pick Mavididi instead of Fatawu, but not both of them.

As for the full backs, it could happen, but he hasn’t shown any inclination to change that position yet, so I just can’t see it happening.

The other factor this weekend will be how well those that didn't go on international duty have trained and the condition of those returning from internationals.

For example, Coady is the only central defender that has been here and is now fully fit. Maybe he'll get a start.

Also, El Khannouss could well have come in but he's been away so won't have trained with the squad enough yet.

Ricardo is an odd one. He's clearly one of our best eleven but Justin is just quicker and more able to tuck into the centre. Right now, that's the call and he'd be daft to change it. I'd have Justin, Ricardo and Kristiansen in my team.

Ricardo is an odd one. He's clearly one of our best eleven but Justin is just quicker and more able to tuck into the centre. Right now, that's the call and he'd be daft to change it. I'd have Justin, Ricardo and Kristiansen in my team.
I don’t disagree, but I’m trying to separate what I think/want, with what Cooper seems to have done so far. The full backs have been pretty set, so I hope he’ll do something hing different, but the evidence thus far is that he won’t.

I'd go with

Mads
Ricardo, Faes, Okoli, Kristiansen
Skipp, Winks
Fatawu, Buonanatte, Mavididi
Vardy.

Would accept Ayew in for one of the wingers, but hopefully not BDCR starting. Or start both of those wingers and play Ndidi instead of Buonanatte if we have to. But please not a defensive winger AND a 3rd defensive midfielder.

Doing the same thing and expecting different results won't work. We need to win games. I can forgive the loss against Villa but the one against Fulham was completely self inflicted.

Like I say, only Ipswich have created fewer opportunities than us..... That's not a pretty stat.

Doing the same thing and expecting different results won't work. We need to win games. I can forgive the loss against Villa but the one against Fulham was completely self inflicted.

Like I say, only Ipswich have created fewer opportunities than us..... That's not a pretty stat.
I’m not disagreeing with your points, I’m just saying that Cooper hasn’t shown a particular motivation to change too much so far, so I suspect he won’t do anything particularly drastic. As I say, what you or I want isn't going to be what makes the difference, though.

It will be the same team as Villa - the setup almost worked tbf so Cooper won't see the need for big changes, plus we are also away and Cooper doesn't believe in winning away games.

Ayew will definitely be starting against his old team.

We're only 3 games in so I think it's a bit early to start saying we are just doing the same thing over and over again - I'm sure Buonanette started 2 of those anyway and it was only the Villa game we played Wilf/Winks/Skipp.

It will be the same team as Villa - the setup almost worked tbf so Cooper won't see the need for big changes, plus we are also away and Cooper doesn't believe in winning away games.

Ayew will definitely be starting against his old team.

We're only 3 games in so I think it's a bit early to start saying we are just doing the same thing over and over again - I'm sure Buonanette started 2 of those anyway and it was only the Villa game we played Wilf/Winks/Skipp.
But we are..and we have been since the start of preseason.

Don't get me wrong, there are snatches of really good stuff. For 25 minutes against Spurs and 25 minutes against Villa we played some lovely football but on both occasions we started dreadfully and ended pretty poorly as well. The only difference against Fulham was the lack of 25 decent minutes. In the cup game we played some excellent football albeit against three postmen and a baker's delivery boy.

We have to stop being so afraid of getting beaten and start being a little more proactive in trying to win games. We've been far too passive, especially at the starts of games and we've not looked to move the ball forward enough. I'm not suggesting all out attack or anything as daft as that, but we can't continue creating hardly anything; it's habit forming.

I’m not disagreeing with your points, I’m just saying that Cooper hasn’t shown a particular motivation to change too much so far, so I suspect he won’t do anything particularly drastic. As I say, what you or I want isn't going to be what makes the difference, though.
I think you're more than likely right. I don't think he'll make many if any changes. However, if he doesn't and we get rolled over again they'll be quite a few folk asking quite a few questions.

It’s been 3 games.

It’s clear some just haven’t taken to Cooper from the start, and now criticising at every opportunity, completely oblivious to the fact we’ve a newly promoted team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46