Cup Fever Hits City

Status
Not open for further replies.

fludie

Peanut Thief
Leicester City look set to be backed by a bumper Foxes following when they take on Southampton in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday.

The Club confirmed on Wednesday morning that they had already sold over 1,300 tickets for the contest.

The Blue Army have been out in force for the Carling Cup games against Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa and Chelsea this season.

And the fans will be backing City in their numbers once again for the FA Cup fixture against George Burley's Saints this weekend.
Many supporters will be travelling down to the South Coast in the hope of seeing new signings Steve Howard and Barry Hayles in action.

Tickets are priced at just £15 for adults, £5 for seniors and £1 for under 16s.

Supporters can secure their tickets from the Walkers Stadium ticket office up until 10am on Saturday morning.

Fans will also be able to purchase their tickets from St Mary's on the day of the game up until kick-off - subject to availability.

Meanwhile, supporters are reminded that tickets remain on general sale for Leicester upcoming home game against Coventry City on Saturday, January 12.

Last edited:
Why did they bother with this? Cup fever hits city? What???

We are 21st in the championship having just got gubbed 3-1 with a 3rd round tie that is the best part of 300 miles away at a ground we havent won at since god knows when.

I dont think many fans are going to be in a cup fever about this one.

What a load of pointless spin bollocks.

We would probaly have between 4k-6k for any away F.A.Cup game and more if allowed. Sadly the love affair is on thin ice thanks to the long term ineptness of the team.

We are 21st in the championship having just got gubbed 3-1 with a 3rd round tie that is the best part of 300 miles away at a ground we havent won at since god knows when.

Imo its a game i expect to lose and quite frankly i hope they do. All the focus and effort should be put firmly into perspective and not muddled by a poxy cup run that will probaly not go beyond the 5th rd at best. We certainly dont need injuries and suspensions from one or two cup games that will have no bearing on the long term future of Leicester City

Agreed.

yeah it's a fever all right

the sort of fever where you look out of bed and think "f_ck that" then get the missus to phone the boss saying you can't make it today

then get up at midday and go the local

Leicester to Southampton is 149 miles - how do you make that the best part of 300 miles?

We have got something out of three of our last six visits to Southampton, including a win. Your memory must be failing you.

What a load of pointless bollocks criticism when you can't even be bothered to relate to the facts. If you don't want to get excited about, that's your choice - and I'm sure that those of us who will be there will be very pleased that you will be keeping your miserable self at home!

Last edited:
Leicester to Southampton is 149 miles - how do you make that the best part of 300 miles?

We have got something out of three of our last six visits to Southampton, including a win. Your memory must be failing you.

What a load of pointless bollocks criticism when you can't even be bothered to relate to the facts. If you don't want to get excited about, that's your choice - and I'm sure that those of us who will be there will be very pleased that you will be keeping your miserable self at home!

Top pedanting:icon_bigg

Good facts :023: Did you say you were taking Rosemary to this one, forgot which match you told me at QPR.

I think it's going to be either an auditor, or a referee when it grows up. It is anally retentive to the extreme.

I'm sure ' its ' a delight
yayqj2.gif

Good facts :023: Did you say you were taking Rosemary to this one, forgot which match you told me at QPR.

I was going to take her but she says she won't go if there is any risk of meeting you!

Last edited:
Pontus lives in Sheffield.

According to AA Autoroute Sheffied to Southampton is 228 miles.

Being as anything over 150 miles is "the best part of 300 miles", then factually Pontus Kaamark is correct.

Although why I'm defending him I don't know, he bloody hates me :icon_lol:

Pontus lives in Sheffield.

According to AA Autoroute Sheffied to Southampton is 228 miles.

Being as anything over 150 miles is "the best part of 300 miles", then factually Pontus Kaamark is correct.

Although why I'm defending him I don't know, he bloody hates me :icon_lol:

He was criticising what had been written in the Mercury not the Sheffield Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69