Curtis Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell - Davies and Naughton? That'd make our back four easily one of the best in the Championship. Say what you like about Sven, but since he's taken over, the players we've been linked with have jumped massively in quality. If even half the rumours knocking about are true then we'll have a side easily capable of challenging for an automatic spot. Get them in Sven!

Good signing and still only 25 hopefully it can be extended beyond the initial month.

Jesus crikey, this is good. I like it lots and lots and lots. :icon_razz

This will be an awesome signing.

Experienced and good enough to really help our defence and give them some stability. Young enough though with a point to prove after a rough time at Villa. Perfect.

Him and Naughton both got a bit of pace as well!

Sven has come in and straight away sorted out two of the areas most needing attention! (assuming this comes off). I get the feeling he's probably spent the last couple of weeks watching tapes of our games this season, and acted quickly.

Naughton, Davies and Roberts would all be very good additions. Quality right winger next please.

...until Nick Barmby runs rings around him and pokes one in the top corner :icon_lol:

If we sign the likes of Curtis Davies I have no doubt that we will start to climb the table. As for tomorrow, I wouldn't be suprised at anything. Pearson will have Hull pumped up and ready. They may well turn us over and delay our ascent.

Let's hope it works out, it's only a rumour at the moment, Daily Mirror is a not paper that usually comes true.

Very optimistic. Davies and Naughton are strong with a striker/right winger needed before jan also. We can then crack on with what we've got and see how it goes. We can't expect the defence to be miraculously watertight as of tomorrow though if they've only just shaken hands before the game. Middlesborough bought in better quality players for big money but immediate success doesn't always follow! Thât said - I'd back Erikkson over most managers in the champ to at least set us up correctly (along with Fazakerley that is). Thinking of which - do we think Jordan Rhodes would be a better signing than Jason Roberts (I only ask as he worked with Fazackerley at Hudds)?

Very optimistic. Davies and Naughton are strong with a striker/right winger needed before jan also. We can then crack on with what we've got and see how it goes. We can't expect the defence to be miraculously watertight as of tomorrow though if they've only just shaken hands before the game. Middlesborough bought in better quality players for big money but immediate success doesn't always follow! Thât said - I'd back Erikkson over most managers in the champ to at least set us up correctly (along with Fazakerley that is). Thinking of which - do we think Jordan Rhodes would be a better signing than Jason Roberts (I only ask as he worked with Fazackerley at Hudds)?

I personally don't think that is true if you are referring to the players they bought from Celtic and rangers.

Last edited:
A back line of Naughton, Davies, Hobbs & Berner should/would be pretty impressive.

I personally don't think that is true if you are referring to the players they bought from Celtic and rangers.
I agree, second rate scottish players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670