Curve Theatre

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Saw The Pillowman starring Marc Warren last night. Absolutely brilliant recommend it to anyone.

I prefer revenge of the duvet fiend personally but each to their own.

Saw The Pillowman starring Marc Warren last night. Absolutely brilliant recommend it to anyone.

What did you think of the theatre?

Went to see Lord of the Flies a couple of weeks ago and off to see Ed Byrne on Sunday.

I think the place is pretty impressive and the theatre itself is much better than the old haymarket, albeit the acoustics weren't really tested by Lord of the Flies & Ed Byrne wouldn't either.

People in Leicester just like to moan about everything and anything and as this is so high profile they could have built a 20th Century Radio City Hall and people still would have moaned "its not as good as the Haymarket".

Well im not sure about the design of the overall builiding.And the area needs an upgrade to say the least.People at the interval stood with drinks in hand staring out through the glass facade only to see certain Tb'ers scurrying in and out of the G-Spot. But the actual studio i was in was very good ,very compact . The play was situated mainly in an interrogation room so they did the corridor up to look like an eastern european prison. One door was ajar with old filthy sink and flickering light. The old dear in front said " thats disgusting for a new theatre" :icon_lol:

Last edited:
People in Leicester just like to moan about everything and anything and as this is so high profile they could have built a 20th Century Radio City Hall and people still would have moaned "its not as good as the Haymarket".

I've not heard anyone complain about it at all

Everyone I know that have been have all been highly complimentary

The council are about to get hold of that building again pronto. They will deny the lease on it working as a strip club.

You could a a good bar in that old building once it had been disinfected. :icon_lol:Not sure if they would evict the 147 snooker club though.:102:

Hated it. It has much smaller seating capacity than I expected, and we were sat on the front row and couldn't see half of the actors due to the position of the seats and bad direction (Simply Cinderella). Also I don't like sitting around in a corridor whilst I drink waiting to go it.

Much prefer the Playhouse.

Hated it. It has much smaller seating capacity than I expected, and we were sat on the front row and couldn't see half of the actors due to the position of the seats and bad direction (Simply Cinderella). Also I don't like sitting around in a corridor whilst I drink waiting to go it.

Much prefer the Playhouse.

This is adjustable by computerised stalls that can be hidden and utilised depending on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669