Speculation Danns on way out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he play in the cup?

Last edited:
Shame imo as he can offer us something different in midfield but can't argue against it if it's down to finance as he would be on a fair chunk being a Sven signing.

Just would rather us be selling these players we deem surplus to requirements instead of lending them to teams that could be considered as rivals.

Shame imo as he can offer us something different in midfield but can't argue against it if it's down to finance as he would be on a fair chunk being a Sven signing.

Just would rather us be selling these players we deem surplus to requirements instead of lending them to teams that could be considered as rivals.
The chances are that we will still be paying a portion of wages, as with Beckford.
A permanent transfer would require a significant pay drop for both so I doubt they'll be off any time soon unless we pay them off.

Last edited:

Highly unlikely with the wages they are on.

I think sending him there is better than it is someone in the bottom three. We are realistically far enough away from them that they shouldn't cause us any trouble (if they did it will be down to our own problems). They have to play all of the top teams again, if we can improve their team it increases their chances of picking up points against the group around us

The chances are that we will still be paying a portion of wages, as with Beckford.
A permanent transfer would require a significant pay drop for both so I doubt they'll be off any time soon unless we pay them off.
From what came out that end he accepted lower wages to move their.

Shame imo as he can offer us something different in midfield

Sure, but something we don't need.
Flattered to deceive, he certainly seems to have hoodwinked quite a few City fans into thinking he is actually better than he is.

I get why it happens but I would just rather us generate a bit of money to further strengthen our squad or at least ballance the books a bit more rather than just cutting expeniture as it is only temporarily covering the situation ie these players will still be ours at the end of this season unless their contracts are up so we are back to square one again.

I guess it is better to loan these players out rather then just let them rot as it does save us something but I would rather see us gain promotion ourselves through us being too good rather than having to lend players to others in the hope that they help us by taking points of teams above us.

And I'd have to disagree with HTB re Danns. He was fantastic for us in the latter part of last season and I base my opinion on seeing him play football and not what he tweets or spits as he likes to call it. Most fans would have had him in our starting 11 at the start of the season but for a fall out this has changed.

Thought he was suspended for the latter part of last season.

Prior to this, yes he was having his best spell at the club. However, "fantastic" may be a reflection of how mediocre we were at the time.
Has a tendency to give away needless fouls, & his ill discpline did coincide with City falling away from play off contention.
The clubs on field discipline has taken large strides for the better this season, with Danns in the fold, it would certainly be tested. If we are going to have a relatively small squad, we can't afford to have players suspended.

By the way, I went to the Forest away game where his link up play with Fernandes was brilliant at times, but alas, that never materialised either.

I get why it happens but I would just rather us generate a bit of money to further strengthen our squad or at least ballance the books a bit more rather than just cutting expeniture as it is only temporarily covering the situation ie these players will still be ours at the end of this season unless their contracts are up so we are back to square one again.

I guess it is better to loan these players out rather then just let them rot as it does save us something but I would rather see us gain promotion ourselves through us being too good rather than having to lend players to others in the hope that they help us by taking points of teams above us.

You are overthinking it Matt. Biggest overhead of a football club is player's wages. Clubs will happily play the short-term strategy on that cost.

Last edited:
He was fantastic for us in the latter part of last season and I base my opinion on seeing him play football and not what he tweets or spits as he likes to call it. Most fans would have had him in our starting 11 at the start of the season but for a fall out this has changed.

Wouldn't go as far as fantastic, he had a short run of decent games. I would imagine many put him in their starting line up at the start due to them doubting King and Drinkwater rather than thinking Danns was brilliant.

Thought he was suspended for the latter part of last season.

Prior to this, yes he was having his best spell at the club. However, "fantastic" may be a reflection of how mediocre we were at the time.
Has a tendency to give away needless fouls, & his ill discpline did coincide with City falling away from play off contention.
The clubs on field discipline has taken large strides for the better this season, with Danns in the fold, it would certainly be tested. If we are going to have a relatively small squad, we can't afford to have players suspended.

By the way, I went to the Forest away game where his link up play with Fernandes was brilliant at times, but alas, that never materialised either.

That is true.

Leicester City‏@OfficialFOXES

Neil Danns joins Huddersfield Town on loan until the end of the season. He'll be unavailable when #lcfc face #htafc in the #FACup.

I always found it funny how when he was at Palace he was regularly one of the best players in the Championship, regularly scoring goals and firmly a fans favorite.

He comes here and is out on his arse after a season and a bit and slated as rubbish by many Leicester fans.

I'm certainly not surprised though, It has happened quite a bit over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566