Dany N'Guessan to Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyK

Last edited:
Re: Danny N;guessan to Coventry

MOD: please swop the ; for a ' in the thread title.

Would you also like one n to removed from his first name and the lower case g in his last name to be made upper case?

I can't open the link for some reason. Does it say whether they are supposedly paying to get Dany?

That's a bit harsh, but, yeah, he's just not good enough for this division. He'll be fine back down in League 1 or 2. So, I'm not sure why Coventry would be interested...

That's a bit harsh, but, yeah, he's just not good enough for this division. He'll be fine back down in League 1 or 2. So, I'm not sure why Coventry would be interested...

'Cause they're league 1 quality?

He does have a knack for scoring goals though, or at least he did when he was in the side fairly regularly.

I agree, he's about at the league 1 level.

Why do people insist on calling him a striker? As far as I'm aware he has never played as striker for us - apart from a few friendlies - or for Lincoln... Do wingers count as strikers for some bizarre reason these days? It's my understanding that players who operate in middle of the park for the majority of the game are genuinely considered to be midfielders!

out of his depth at this level.

Why do people insist on calling him a striker? As far as I'm aware he has never played as striker for us - apart from a few friendlies - or for Lincoln... Do wingers count as strikers for some bizarre reason these days? It's my understanding that players who operate in middle of the park for the majority of the game are genuinely considered to be midfielders!
Same reason some journalists insist on calling Ryan Giggs a striker. Same reason the Star's Saturday football crossword uses the word 'forward' for seemingly any outfield player. Same reason people insist that the 'last man' rule actually exists. Same reason people think Alf Ramsey's England of 1966 were the greatest team ever. Same reason people think 4-4-2 is all you need to win a game. Same reason so many people think hard work = good footballer, but at the same time think all out attack = good football. Same reason people think passes shouldn't be longer than five yards. Because there are too many people who know sod all about the game writing about it or spouting utter bollocks about it on tv on a weekly basis.

I always thought N'Guessan has the right qualities to be a very good player. Just not consistent enough but I can see why people would slate him for being lazy. I wouldn't miss him much anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566