Dany N'Guessan

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Has his loan expired yet? Not that I can ever see him playing for us again, I'd imagine we will sell if a buyer can be found.

I doubt we could even give him away - one of the many shitehouses we are stuck with for another eighteen months, if not longer

N'Guessan, Nielsen, Kermogant, Lamey, Moreno, Logan, Crncic, Kennedy

No wonder we are bound forever to the loan market - it's feckin' criminal

I doubt we could even give him away - one of the many shitehouses we are stuck with for another eighteen months, if not longer

Who is this Nielson you speak of :icon_lol:

We also have a Neilson ....but you are right we have taken on much more of our fair share of rubbish who couldn't possibly help in a promotion campain let alon play at a higher level (or indeed any reasonable professional level).

I realise you won't agree on Fryatt - but it's not exactly a step forward to lose players who have some ability (and I have always included Gradel in that category) and fill the books with garbage. Let's hope that we can progress notwithstanding these errors of judgement.

We also have a Neilson ....but you are right we have taken on much more of our fair share of rubbish who couldn't possibly help in a promotion campain let alon play at a higher level (or indeed any reasonable professional level).

I realise you won't agree on Fryatt - but it's not exactly a step forward to lose players who have some ability (and I have always included Gradel in that category) and fill the books with garbage. Let's hope that we can progress notwithstanding these errors of judgement.

The thing with Fryatt was the he wasn't one of Sven's favourites. You might not like to sell players with some ability but he was behind Vassell, Waghorn, Bednar and even Howard.

Might be cheaper to buy out some of theses contracts, rather than paying their wages for basically doing nothing other than train.

I have not seen enough of Kennedy to judge him but it seems to me that it may be w*s* to bring him back from his loan spell as a backup for Bruno.

It seems to me that N'Guessan has very limited technical ability. Courage and commitment has led to him playing in a league above his talent.
I would love to see us get a right sided player with the ball skills of a Gallagher and the courage of an N'Guessan or better still of a Nicky Adams. Such a player might cost the money from the sale of Fryatt but as MON proved with Neil Lennon they are out there.

Make them an offer they can't refuse or offer them a lump sum of money which is less than the value of their remaing contract. If accepted, both parties are happy, they get oodles of money, and we get rid of players who are not going to get into a team.

Make them an offer they can't refuse or offer them a lump sum of money which is less than the value of their remaing contract. If accepted, both parties are happy, they get oodles of money, and we get rid of players who are not going to get into a team.

Why would somebody accept "a lump sum of money which is less than the value of their remaing contract" when they can get the whole of the value of the remaining contract for doing nothing?

Do you really think that the players' union would just stand by and let it happen?

Why would somebody accept "a lump sum of money which is less than the value of their remaing contract" when they can get the whole of the value of the remaining contract for doing nothing?

Do you really think that the players' union would just stand by and let it happen?

Because they can then go and pick up wages from another club, in effect meaning they'll be being paid twice.

Last edited:
Because they can then go and pick up wages from another club, in effect meaning they'll be being paid twice.

It doesn't happen like that. When a club pays a player off, the amount of compensation is reduced by the amount the player earns during what is left of his contract period. If the player is not going to earn anything, the whole amount of the contract has to be paid.

That's why clubs wait until players have got another offer before paying so off - so that they can judge exactly what the pay-off needs to be. Very little money is saved by paying a player off.

Plenty of players have had their contracts paid up, we've done it enough in recent years. Negotiate with them a percentage of their overall wages they are will to accept to bugger off elsewhere. We might save 10% and they can go elsewhere and get wages from another team meaning they probably come out on top.

If their agent can't find them a team then they will probably sit on their arse and wait. If they can then they will accept it.

the amount of compensation is reduced by the amount the player earns during what is left of his contract period.

Surely that has bugger all to do with the selling team. They are the ones who want to get rid of the player after all, and to do so they have to give them an incentive. eg. 90% of you're wages and your free to get any contract you want elsewhere.

If the player is only going to earn exactly the same where is the incentive? Other than playing football obviously, not that this means much to many players now days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670