Dany N'guessan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one of those players that never lived up to his debut. Junior Lewis and the players officially dubbed "the Hungarian wingers" are others that spring to mind.

Their comments match the majority of our thoughts IMO

Dany had one brilliant game at The Walkers. Sadly it was for Lincoln against us in the Johnson's Paint Trophy (I think). Mattock was supposed to be marking Dany and failing badly. Nigel Pearson spent much of the match pointing this out to Mattock using some very vivid Old English expressions. It came as no surprise that Pearson brought Mattock off for Chris Powell (I think).

Dany is brave and fast. He always seems to me more effective than he looks, which is not difficult. Technically he is just not good enough for the Championship. If he goes I wish him well since I always thought he gave his limited best.

Big, strong, fast. Could have been a contender to be the next Heskey, but never seemed to develop the consistent skills to inspire the confidence to pick him as a starter for a game.

Dany had one brilliant game at The Walkers. Sadly it was for Lincoln against us in the Johnson's Paint Trophy (I think). Mattock was supposed to be marking Dany and failing badly. Nigel Pearson spent much of the match pointing this out to Mattock using some very vivid Old English expressions. It came as no surprise that Pearson brought Mattock off for Chris Powell (I think).

Mattock might be guilty of many things but not this; he did not play in the match in question. Chris Powell was introduced into the game in the 89th minute as a substitute for Max Gradel who had himself replaced Lloyd Dyer early in the second half. Steve Howard was the only other player to be replaced (by Carl King at half-time) in a game which saw the whole of the defence last the whole of the 90 minutes.

Mattock might be guilty of many things but not this; he did not play in the match in question. Chris Powell was introduced into the game in the 89th minute as a substitute for Max Gradel who had himself replaced Lloyd Dyer early in the second half. Steve Howard was the only other player to be replaced (by Carl King at half-time) in a game which saw the whole of the defence last the whole of the 90 minutes.
Deliberate mistake? :icon_lol:

Being convinced I was correct I googled the match only to find to my chagrin that Boc is completely right. I fear I am becoming the new Syd.

Good on my FIFA game. By that classification alone he should be retained. Simples.

In all seriousness, he's good in FIFA because he is big, fast and strong so has all the physical attributes that usually define good "video game" players...sadly in real life he is not controlled by a user but his own footballing brain...which it seems is somewhat limited.

Good on my FIFA game. By that classification alone he should be retained. Simples.

In all seriousness, he's good in FIFA because he is big, fast and strong so has all the physical attributes that usually define good "video game" players...sadly in real life he is not controlled by a user but his own footballing brain...which it seems is somewhat limited.

Harsh, but fair.

I always thought Dany was brought in by NP as a bigger, faster version of Maxie .... wrong on so many levels.

Similar comments by the Saints forum to those picked up from Lincoln fans when we bought him. Apart from the mix of clumsy but occasionally effective finishing and a one trick tip and run move as a winger, it's the memory of him giving the ball away then standing watching the oppo bear down on poor under-equipped and overexposed Robbie Neilson that sticks.

Has he gone yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570