Darren Campbell's mardy bum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickovforengland!

Don't know how many athletics fans we have on here but whats everyone's view on Campbell's antics yesterday after winning the 4 x100m gold?

Personally I think if he had a problem with Chambers he shouldn't have run at all.

If that is his problem, I am surprised. Thought he was supposed to be a Christian, I think Chambers deserves a second chance. Let he who is without sin and all that..

you would be a little pissed off though if you were dropped to accommodate Chambers.... I can kind of see where Campbell is coming from on this

If I was a British sprinter I would be pissed off that I couldn't run faster than someone who has been banned from competition for the past 2 years!

Chambers has served his ban, if he gets caught again ban him for life but until then I applaud the way he is facing his critics and performing for GB.

Campbell is still upset because the gold medal the 4x100m team won in 2002 was taken away due to Chambers. So why would he celebrate winning another if there is a chance the drug cheat is found to have cheated again.

IMO Campbell is right to stand up and say he isnt happy about it! Also Chambers will never be able to race in the Olympics and so the team should concentrate on getting a team which will be together for the next 4 years or so!

If hes unhappy, fair enough, its just the way he did it that made him look like a fool. He could have withdrawn from the team or made his stance clear from the word go, but he had to wait until GB had won the gold and then make a big scene.

I call it attention seeking.

He didn't seem that unhappy with Chambers a few months ago...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/4377910.stm

athletics is all corrupt,Campbell has probably done steroids himself and just not got caught. i know somebody involved in Irish Athletics and they told me that in modern sport it is rife, top coaches employ pharmacists to administor drugs at the right times so that they don't get picked up. he reckoned that 75% of athletes use performance enhancing drugs.

i think they should make it legal in some sense, lets watch a race of physically enhanced freaks run the 100m in 2 seconds. it wouls be ace.

Rayvon said:
i think they should make it legal in some sense, lets watch a race of physically enhanced freaks run the 100m in 2 seconds. it wouls be ace.
If all drugs were legal then it would put a lot of pressure on those who don't take drugs to do them. There would be pressure on 15/16 year olds do load themselves up with steroids.

There are a lot of consequences from using steroids, Didn't Florence Griffith Joyner die when she was 38 because of steroid abuse?

The sport would be won in the labaratory, which is something I don't want to see.

i'm only joking, but i just think pharmacists and drugs can beat the system how it currently is. clearly drugs are not beneficial to the athletes health.

CM said:
If hes unhappy, fair enough, its just the way he did it that made him look like a fool. He could have withdrawn from the team or made his stance clear from the word go, but he had to wait until GB had won the gold and then make a big scene.

I call it attention seeking.

He didn't seem that unhappy with Chambers a few months ago...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/4377910.stm

Exactly if he didn't want to race he could have chosen not to do so and held a press conference stating why. Campbell chose to run then act like a two year old. Thats my only problem.

Chambers has served his ban, and IMO was not solely to blame for his positive test, two years later he can still post the fastest time of any British athlete this season. Why shouldn't he run?

I agree with Cambell, he said he was disappoint that chambers hasn't shopped the people who were supplying him and teaching him how to use the drugs effectively and until that sort of thing happens you're never gonna get drugs out of athletics (you're not anyway)

I gotta say that i think Campball was right to do what he did.

I wouldn't care if he was faster than them all, id rather have a GB team who run for the pride of representing their country the best they can without outside help

Campball for Prime Minister

I gotta say that i think Campball was right to do what he did.

I wouldn't care if he was faster than them all, id rather have a GB team who run for the pride of representing their country the best they can without outside help

Campball for Prime Minister

:018:

Monty Panesar for Prime Minister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675