David Moyes Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's about the shape of it for me, too. Knowing this forum's high regard for the "full pre-season", poor Moyesy has been a dead man from the start. I was musing about our top 5 managers and for me you can't be a great manager if you leave the club in disarray or deliberately or otherwise undermine your successor.

Not that I'm complaining, as the Busby fiasco, when McGuinness and O'Farrell were thrown to the sharks with the "great man" still part of the disintegrating scene, leaving that self-regarding adulterer Docherty to get them relegated with a little help from Denis Law having jumped ship to Man City, remains a favourite schadenfreude moment. Can only hope Fergie continues to provide his assistance, just leave LCFC out of it this time around.
Fergie is sitting on the panel to hire the next manager as well. Amazing.

I am not necessarily disagreeing but I am genuinely interested in why you believe Van Gaal's best days are behind him.

For a period of about five years in the mid to late 90s, he was fantastic. These were his latter years at Ajax and first couple at Barca. Since then, he's only been good in patches and sometimes he's been downright awful. Remember that he only takes on jobs with clubs that are expected to win their respective leagues or be a serious contender so you have to judge him at that level. I just think managers have a shelf life and he's playing on what he was, not what he is.

I'd equate him to MON in many ways. Totally crackers but there's a genius there and when the flame of genius dies, and the years pass by, all that remains is a replica managing by memory. I wouldn't touch him for the Man Utd job because it needs someone hungry for it and I can't see Van Gaal having the motivation for anything other than the money any more.

Klopp or Guardiola would be an outstanding appointments but they've not got the guts to do what it takes to get them.

Lovely to see a team that refused to play in the FA Cup having such a torrid time of late. Suck it up princesses!

images

It's 22/1 that he's our next manager. Stranger things have happened.

Lovely to see a team that refused to play in the FA Cup having such a torrid time of late. Suck it up princesses!

Too ****ing right! Bet they'd have killed to win it this year.Best part of it is that if there was another of those World Marketing Championships,this time they wouldn't be considered big enough to be invited to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46