David Wilson Build Us a Premiership Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boca-Filbert

City fan and shareholder, David Wilson is soon to become a billionaire (if he is not already) when he trousers £700 million (see below) for selling his house building business. Is it too much to ask for some of that cash to come City's way? Milan is never going to splash the cash, but together with DW's financial backing it would be the dream ticket and surely we could compete at the highest level. So come on David, put something back in Leicester and build us a Premiership club!

Barratt wins deal on Wilson Bowden takeover

Matt Henkes - 05-Feb-2007

Construction firm Barratt Developments has tabled a £2.2bn takeover bid for Wilson Bowden (WB), one of its main competitors in the UK.

The deal is expected to make David Wilson, the company's chairman and founder, over £700m in cash and shares. For each Wilson Bowden share Barratt will pay 950p in cash and 1.0647 of its own shares for a total value of £22.45p a share.
The two companies are estimated to have a combined market value of over £5bn, meaning the takeover will elevate Barratt into the FTSE 100 index.

The deal, expected to be agreed by the two company boards shortly, will put an end to over three months of bidding which began when Wilson Bowden put itself up for sale in November. Barratt shareholders will own around 70% of the new company and Wilson Bowden shareholders around 30%.

"The transaction provides all Wilson Bowden shareholders with significant value and an opportunity to participate in the great potential of the enlarged business," said David Wilson.

"Both businesses have powerful brands and a wealth of strong management, which will be developed and motivated to create fresh and exciting opportunities that will drive the combined business forward.2

The merger, considerably larger than any other such deal in the sector to date, will create one of the UK's largest house builders.

"This is an excellent strategic fit for Barratt which will create a sector leader with strengths right across the market, in terms of both geographical coverage and product offering," said Charles Toner, group chairman of Barratt.

As Jeff (or Geoff) said on the Moan In last week, that local people have had enough chances and they have not be grasped. It is past time to look at local people for funding and is time for others to take their chances. ;)

I don't think he would watch a bunch of his ex employees who have helped get him to where he is now get made redundant...

Then throw his money down a black hole so the likes of Stearman can renew their Porche

A man who has grafted to build up a business and primadonnas don't mix well

City fan and shareholder, David Wilson is soon to become a billionaire (if he is not already) when he trousers £700 million (see below) for selling his house building business. Is it too much to ask for some of that cash to come City's way? Milan is never going to splash the cash, but together with DW's financial backing it would be the dream ticket and surely we could compete at the highest level. So come on David, put something back in Leicester and build us a Premiership club!

Barratt wins deal on Wilson Bowden takeover

Matt Henkes - 05-Feb-2007

Construction firm Barratt Developments has tabled a £2.2bn takeover bid for Wilson Bowden (WB), one of its main competitors in the UK.

The deal is expected to make David Wilson, the company's chairman and founder, over £700m in cash and shares. For each Wilson Bowden share Barratt will pay 950p in cash and 1.0647 of its own shares for a total value of £22.45p a share.
The two companies are estimated to have a combined market value of over £5bn, meaning the takeover will elevate Barratt into the FTSE 100 index.

The deal, expected to be agreed by the two company boards shortly, will put an end to over three months of bidding which began when Wilson Bowden put itself up for sale in November. Barratt shareholders will own around 70% of the new company and Wilson Bowden shareholders around 30%.

"The transaction provides all Wilson Bowden shareholders with significant value and an opportunity to participate in the great potential of the enlarged business," said David Wilson.

"Both businesses have powerful brands and a wealth of strong management, which will be developed and motivated to create fresh and exciting opportunities that will drive the combined business forward.2

The merger, considerably larger than any other such deal in the sector to date, will create one of the UK's largest house builders.

"This is an excellent strategic fit for Barratt which will create a sector leader with strengths right across the market, in terms of both geographical coverage and product offering," said Charles Toner, group chairman of Barratt.

welcome :023::039: :039: :039:

David Wilson is a twat who's got too much money then sence. If i had over £700 million in the bank, i'd put a few million into saving my home town club.

David Wilson is a twat who's got too much money then sence. If i had over £700 million in the bank, i'd put a few million into saving my home town club.

The Leicester Riders?

Or the Leicester Tigers?

If you're talking sport I don't think you can include basketball

Sorry, but you don't get £700 million in the bank by being a twat with more money than sence. If I was in his position I would not consider investing in a project which holds no interest for me. He made a donation to save his home town club when it was in administration. To expect local businessmen (and women) to dip into their pockets every time the club hits a crisis is a nonsense. David Wilson would not build us a premiership club as their is no passion for the club and no passion for the sport. He has shown that he has no interest in football, so why should we presume that just because he has a bob or two ho would want to throw it down the Leicester City pan.

Sorry, but you don't get £700 million in the bank by being a twat with more money than sence. If I was in his position I would not consider investing in a project which holds no interest for me. He made a donation to save his home town club when it was in administration. To expect local businessmen (and women) to dip into their pockets every time the club hits a crisis is a nonsense. David Wilson would not build us a premiership club as their is no passion for the club and no passion for the sport. He has shown that he has no interest in football, so why should we presume that just because he has a bob or two ho would want to throw it down the Leicester City pan.

:038:

The Leicester Riders?

Or the Leicester Tigers?

All of them. And he may be a good business man but i think he could do a bit more for our sporting community. But if it came to him of MM, Mandaric wins every time.

Instead of loyalty, 'putting something back' or just a love of pukka pies at 4pm on a saturday afternoon...the reason David Wilson should invest is only thing he knows and respects....money. Ask yourself why's Gillete bought Liverpool, Glazers bought Man U, Learner bought Villa...etc.., plus a whole host of people looking at Newcastle...its not for the love of football, but of the pound note. The new sky deal will mean that the team finishing last in Premiership will earn the same as Chelsea last year at winners. Think about, 2 years in the Prem guarantees nearly £70m and thats before you start raking in the cash for crap calendars of players who longer play for your team, or replica kit sales for kids who probably prefer to have Henry on their on their back instead of Hume. So David Wilson, as the Pet Shop boys once sang: "You've got the cash, Milan's got the club...go make some more money (at LCFC)"....or maybe not

Instead of loyalty, 'putting something back' or just a love of pukka pies at 4pm on a saturday afternoon...the reason David Wilson should invest is only thing he knows and respects....money. Ask yourself why's Gillete bought Liverpool, Glazers bought Man U, Learner bought Villa...etc.., plus a whole host of people looking at Newcastle...its not for the love of football, but of the pound note. The new sky deal will mean that the team finishing last in Premiership will earn the same as Chelsea last year at winners. Think about, 2 years in the Prem guarantees nearly £70m and thats before you start raking in the cash for crap calendars of players who longer play for your team, or replica kit sales for kids who probably prefer to have Henry on their on their back instead of Hume. So David Wilson, as the Pet Shop boys once sang: "You've got the cash, Milan's got the club...go make some more money (at LCFC)"....or maybe not

Yeah, right. It's why all the institutuonal investors are pulling their billions out of stock markets as we speak and are hand-to-hand fighting in the streets outside every football ground in the country to be first in the queue....

Two points:
we are not in the Premiership;
if we were, the money from the new tv deal would have to be spent on players to maintain Premiership position.

that is all.

Two points:
we are not in the Premiership;
if we were, the money from the new tv deal would have to be spent on players to maintain Premiership position.

that is all.

Also Liverpool, Manyoo and Newcastle have a global fanbase which these money grabbing sorts would love to target

And have established brand names that would go down well (and be exploited) in the burgeoning american league

Leicester City don't come into that category, and never will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00