Davies to Derby?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
He left Preston because he had a bust up with his chairman becuse he allowed him to speak to Charlton but tried to block him talking to Derby.
IMO I think he has made a bad move just look at what happened when George Burley was there.

he got too familiar with the bottle? (allegedly)

OldGit said:
he got too familiar with the bottle? (allegedly)

And the chairman's daughter?? (allegedly):102: :icon_razz

MKFox said:
And the chairman's daughter?? (allegedly):102: :icon_razz

in fact anything with a fanny..........if it had a pulse he would try and bury one

Boy Genius said:
in fact anything with a fanny..........if it had a pulse he would try and bury one
And you don't want to know what he does when the pulse has gone....(allegedly...)

I'm leaving while the goings good (allegedly)

I think he was also disillusioned at the tiny support PNE received even when they were doing so well; I think he wants to try and turn a bigger club around....

alex said:
I think he was also disillusioned at the tiny support PNE received even when they were doing so well; I think he wants to try and turn a bigger club around....

So why is he at Dreyb then, unless he thinks he can take a smaller club down the divisions

MKFox said:
And you don't want to know what he does when the pulse has gone....(allegedly...)

well with him being Scottish that would be a result, as he would not have to fork out for food and drink first....:biggrin:

alex said:

Exactly, average league gate of circa 14k for a play off season is pretty dire, also the clubs inability to be able to compete financially with the Derby's, Leicester's and other bigger clubs in the division will have had a bearing on his decision.

In recent seasons he has lost Fuller, Healy, Cresswell and Lewis, four major players for PNE, he has also missed out on a number of transfer targets including our own Hume and Fryatt.

I think the time had come where Davies wanted to manage a club capable of competing for the better players when they come available, and I think he was fustrated by continually being forced to sell the clubs crown jewels, and I think the prospect of Nugent, Mears and Davis all moving on in the summer, stressed the need for him to move on.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think the time had come where Davies wanted to manage a club capable of competing for the better players when they come available, and I think he was fustrated by continually being forced to sell the clubs crown jewels, and I think the prospect of Nugent, Mears and Davis all moving on in the summer, stressed the need for him to move on.
so......why derby? :icon_razz

Probably would have come to City if we hadn't appointed Rob Kelly.

He was approached when we sacked CL. BUT PNE directors wouldn't let him talk to us. So as he'd missed the boat with us he must have decided to jump ship rather than wait another opportunity. Although I like the guy, as he was quite friendly when I met him at The Championship forum at the end of January when all the rumours of Cotterill/Newall/ Davies were going on, I hope his team now hit the rocks and sinks without a trace!!!!!!!!:icon_bigg .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670