Dean Smith - LCFC Manager

Honestly in hindsight I think we'd have been better off sticking with Rodgers (at the point that they made the decision)

I don't think we'd have done any worse, think we probably would've got a result from the Everton or Leeds games, and he would've had more to lose in us getting relegated (reputation wise).

Honestly in hindsight I think we'd have been better off sticking with Rodgers (at the point that they made the decision)

I don't think we'd have done any worse, think we probably would've got a result from the Everton or Leeds games, and he would've had more to lose in us getting relegated (reputation wise).

Incredibly, given how much I detest him, I think that is correct.

Ifs buts and maybes.

This is all a product of Rodgers.

We shouldn’t have been so arrogant to think firstly that dumb and dumber could do the job, and secondly that tweedle dee, tweedle dum and tweedle durrr could do the job till the end of the season, to then get Potter in.

If Top had realised the danger we were in, he’d have brought Rafa in on the multiple year contract he wanted.

Arrogant ****s the lot of them.

The question now is, would Dean Smith be a good choice for the man to start the rebuild in the Championship (if he even wants it)?

The question now is, would Dean Smith be a good choice for the man to start the rebuild in the Championship (if he even wants it)?
Nope. If we’d had a few good results and played well in defeats, then sure, but we have been completely abject and will be relegated before the last match.

Hugely important summer ahead of us.

No please no. A man who ignores Mendy and plays work shy whinger Tilemens, Soumare the tree trunk of the Beds advert and a poor tribute act DiNdi together in midfield does not deserve a chance. Fresh start please, total rebuild

Absolutely not. But I predict the exact same scenario will happen as it did when Shakespeare was caretaker. We’ll piss about with no manager until we’re days away from preseason training and then they’ll give it to Smith. And he’ll take it cos’ who the **** from a higher level will want him.

No chance we’ll go for a left-field choice like Burnley did. If Smith says no there’s always Chris Wilder I suppose or good old Neil Warnock.

Mark Robins is the man for me. Based on what he’s done at Coventry I think he’d be an excellent appointment. And if he can bring Viktor Gyokeres with him, even better.

We were down under Rodgers. His sacking (way too late) was simply a roll of the dice, a high stakes gamble. It hasn't paid off. Tbf to Smith (and he may well be all of the things said about him above) I don't think there any many managers that could have turned it around.

The only thing we can say (and is cleary a hindsight thing) about not sacking Rodgers is that it would have cost us less. We'd have still been down but with more money in the bank. No small thing under the circumstances but it just shows you the stakes at play.

Strange that we seem to have abandoned the idea of getting Vardy in behind the defence and playing to his strengths. Against Wolves and Leeds that plan worked effectively. Since then Smith/the players have abandoned it.

I have asked this before but is he picking the team? Surely he looks at that midfield and has to try something else? I am just baffled by his selection.

To borrow from Ryan (not Bryan) Adams:

Used to feel so angry, and now only I feel humble
Stinging from the storm inside my ribs where it thunders
Nothing left to say or really even wonder
We are like a book and every page is so torn
Nothing really matters anymore

Smith didn't stand a chance: he had no time to get to know the players. If we hadn't changed manager at Christmas, or the international break, at the very latest, we would have been better sticking with Rodgers and making a decision in the summer.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563