Deathlist 2009/10 rules I : in the event of a tie...

Deathlist: in the event of a tie what happens?

• Last death wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oldest death wins

• something else (open to suggestions)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

apologies to people who don't bother with the deathlist thread!

was mulling over the rules for next season's list

currently, in the event of a tie, the first death wins, but i am thinking of changing and in the interests of democracy, i shall do a poll

'Youngest death wins' will obviate the tendency to fill your list with geriatrics and reward people who take a risk.

oooh, get you

i've already been to dictionary.com twice today to look up "non sequitur" and "valedictory", now to get them in a sentence and look clever ;)

What about adding the ages together and awarding it to the youngest aggregate age?

What about adding the ages together and awarding it to the youngest aggregate age?

oooh, like it, make that the "other" and if any "youngest death" ones want to defect...let me know

'Youngest death wins' will obviate the tendency to fill your list with geriatrics and reward people who take a risk.

It's also a little sick.

Not that the whole concept of a death list isn't sick of course, but to have a scoring system where death is better the younger you are is a step too far IMHO!

how about a points based cause of death system?
suicide - 1
cancer - 2
car crash - 3
crushed by water buffalo - 37
the more unusual, the higher the score to decide the winner?

nice idea...but it's arguable, i'd have to pick :) and also..almost all die a boring way, so we'd need ANOTHER tie-break rule :(

It's also a little sick.

Not that the whole concept of a death list isn't sick of course, but to have a scoring system where death is better the younger you are is a step too far IMHO!

That's my feeling too. I know it's only a bit of fun but I wouldn't feel comfortable winning like that.

That's my feeling too. I know it's only a bit of fun but I wouldn't feel comfortable winning like that.

a very *young* death will be an assassination or an overdose, the youngest to die so far is 78

In that case, you'd be wise only to nominate really old people.

I think the current rule rewards the time invested in researching who is closest to death's door (of course I would say that).
Changing it to the youngest rewards luck (or misfortune if you happen to be the stiff).Cue Homer with one of his predictable rearrangements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47