Decimal odds incorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

I've just noticed that the vbookie is flawed:

The decimal odds are all wrong.
For instance, Fulham v Liverpool has traditional odds of 12/5. The decimal odds equivalent of this is 3.40 yet in vbookie it says 2.40.

What does the vbookie calculate the winnings on? Decimal or fractional?

I've just noticed that the vbookie is flawed:

The decimal odds are all wrong.
For instance, Fulham v Liverpool has traditional odds of 12/5. The decimal odds equivalent of this is 3.40 yet in vbookie it says 2.40.

What does the vbookie calculate the winnings on? Decimal or fractional?

The decimal odd is 2.40 ..... if you see 3.40 anywhere it will include your return stake.

Cool, just checking the integrity of my system Capesey - no drama.

Why has it taken so long?

It's always been like that, we've always been aware that the decimal odds shown are wrong, but the pay-out is correct, it's based on the fractional odds shown.

It's not wrong. It's just to a different system - American decimal, which is hardly surprising when you consider the origin of the program.

12/5 traditional = 3.4 European = 2.4 American.

vBookie uses fractional odds when it would have been easier to use decimal. That suggests to me that the program is British and the display of decimal odds was added as an afterthought.

Notwithstanding that possibility, the fractional odds are not wrong - they're just given in American format.

Nor am I sure that it would have been easier to use decimal. In its present form the program is usable by everybody, no matter whether they normally use fractional or decimal odds.

Nor am I sure that it would have been easier to use decimal. In its present form the program is usable by everybody, no matter whether they normally use fractional or decimal odds.

I was talking from a programming point of view, using decimal odds would have been easier.
And as it won't let people enter odds in decimal format it's not really usable by people who don't understand fractional odds.

I was talking from a programming point of view, using decimal odds would have been easier.
And as it won't let people enter odds in decimal format it's not really usable by people who don't understand fractional odds.

You don't really expect me to believe that a decimal odds user couldn't input the odds.

You don't really expect me to believe that a decimal odds user couldn't input the odds.

I said it wouldn't be usable for people who "don't understand fractional odds".

For someone who has never heard of fractional odds before it can be confusing, have a look at the vBookie threads on vbulletin.org if you don't believe me, there are loads of people who don't understand how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00