Deep Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickovforengland!

Surprised at the lack of reaction to the news that MdV scored two last night. I would have thought it would have registered more highly on the Talking Balls radar.

The big fella reported back for training 2 weeks before anyone else in a bid to improve his fitness and so far it looks to be paying off. Fair play to the big man, he's earned the chance of a fresh start in my book. I'm prepared to give him another season before judging him.

yeh agreed on the fresh start thing. let's not get too carried away though, it is after all just a pre season friendly. but lets hope he continues scoring.

good luck to him, he may not have looked great so far but at least he has the right attitude. :038:

Must have gone to Specsavers.

I agree, he had a bad time of it, but you can not take away what we saw at the end of last season when he looked like a complete donkey (and on some performances that is an insult to donkeys), it is going to take something very special from him to win over certain fans. But he has started out the right way with his attitude and now two goals to go with it.
Just a word of caution though Dion got six pre-season goals last year and led some on here to back him for top scorer in the division, and looked what happened.

Naughty Fox said:
Just a word of caution though Dion got six pre-season goals last year and led some on here to back him for top scorer in the division, and looked what happened.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

well it could always boost his confidence if nothing else drummin he does seem to be a 'fragile' character if things arent going his way give him some encouragement it just might work ;) :)

I think this is the turning point, Mark De Vries will become the next Les Ferdinand, he will be immense for us next season and bag around 20 goals. We SHOULD get carried away with his brace of goals last night, in fact, we should be going crazy:

DeVries.jpg

I officially announce that the 'MDV - Defrost thoroughly before use' campaign has begun....

Now that he has had time to defrost we will see the best results...

He's got his next season's goal tally on his shorts.

drummindefender said:
i love the poster joe:038:

Coming to a billboard near you soon.

Joe_Fox said:
He's got his next season's goal tally on his shorts.

He's only number 10 this season ;)

Anyway, even though pre-season goals don't necessarily point to a good campaign (look at Dion last season), I think it will actually be good for De Vries if people DO get carried away. Last season everyone was on his back and I think that will continue into next season. But if he has a good pre-season, then people will have more confidence in him, and that should get them off his back for a while and give him more confidence in himself. Only problem is, if he doesn't do well at the start of the season, I think people will quickly get on him again :(

As I said in another post though, he has worked really hard in pre-season and came back 2 weeks earlier than everyone else. He acknowledged the fact that he didn't do well enough last season, and I think for his hard work he at least deserves time. Give him a clean slate..
I still think he can do it for us this season.

The making or breaking of MDV this season will be at Bramall Lane. IMO he must score or the fickle boneheads will be on his case at home agaunst Stoke, which will end up destroying him.

DeVries2.jpg

Last season should be forgotten about, although MDV did have some shockers, it was also widely known that he was carrying a few knocks and was way off full fitness, but many in their infinite wisdom decided to ignore this and choose to use MDV as a scapegoat. The fact he was prepared to continue playing and recieving stick, when it would be easy to hide behind his injuries and lack of fitness, was testament to the man's character and desire to play for Leicester and to help them out of a potential dogfight at the end of the season. He then returns to training 2 weeks early at his own choice again proving his desire to be a success, he fully deserves those 2 goals last night and hopefully this will be the turning point for him. We as fans should be cheering MDV all season regardless, because one thing he cannot be faulted on is his attitude, and maybe if a few of the superstars we had last season had shown similar commitment we may well have ended a lot higher in the league.

This demonstrates the positive effect CL has had on our club, he has introduced players with a hunger and desire to play for Leicester and the manager himself, he reminds me of another manager from not so many years ago who ended up being pretty successful. De Vries will be a big success this season IMO and it will be well deserved.

Well said PFK. If only all our supporters could identify with this.

Just hope they give him a chance and i'm sure he'll repay CL and the supporters for their faith.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Last season should be forgotten about, although MDV did have some shockers, it was also widely known that he was carrying a few knocks and was way off full fitness, but many in their infinite wisdom decided to ignore this and choose to use MDV as a scapegoat. The fact he was prepared to continue playing and recieving stick, when it would be easy to hide behind his injuries and lack of fitness, was testament to the man's character and desire to play for Leicester and to help them out of a potential dogfight at the end of the season. He then returns to training 2 weeks early at his own choice again proving his desire to be a success, he fully deserves those 2 goals last night and hopefully this will be the turning point for him. We as fans should be cheering MDV all season regardless, because one thing he cannot be faulted on is his attitude, and maybe if a few of the superstars we had last season had shown similar commitment we may well have ended a lot higher in the league.

This demonstrates the positive effect CL has had on our club, he has introduced players with a hunger and desire to play for Leicester and the manager himself, he reminds me of another manager from not so many years ago who ended up being pretty successful. De Vries will be a big success this season IMO and it will be well deserved.
:038: :038: :038: :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670