Default forum style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm about to change the default forum theme. Some (most?) of you might not like it. Don't worry, you can change it back to what you're using now.

The current default is called Blue, the new theme is called Premier. and there are a number of other options to choose from.

To permanently change the one you use, go to http://talkingballs.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions and towards the bottom of the page there's a drop down box that will let you select the one to use.

To temporarily change theme, select one from the drop down box at the bottom left corner of the page. This uses cookies to remember the setting, so will revert to the previous theme if you delete cookies or change browser.

I Just switched.

Could do with a better quality fox image as that one is a bit rough round the edges.

Could do with a better quality fox image as that one is a bit rough round the edges.

You're right. It looked fine on my high resolution monitor, because it's pretty small there so you don't notice it. Looking at it again on a different PC where it's much bigger it doesn't look so good. I'm planning to make the header area smaller too. It looked OK on my other monitor but takes up too much screen space on the one I'm using now.

Jeff just to make you aware, when you click on 'My profile' - the black writing is almost unreadable against the very dark blue.

You're right. It looked fine on my high resolution monitor, because it's pretty small there so you don't notice it. Looking at it again on a different PC where it's much bigger it doesn't look so good. I'm planning to make the header area smaller too. It looked OK on my other monitor but takes up too much screen space on the one I'm using now.

Where is this fox? I've just switched to the default from my previous display and can't see it.

Jeff just to make you aware, when you click on 'My profile' - the black writing is almost unreadable against the very dark blue.

eeerrr... I'm not seeing that either. Are there two defaults?

The 'My profile' is top right along with Welcome, bocadillo - Notifications, Settings & Log Out.

The forum style, is bottom left, right at the very bottom. Click on the drop down and you will see a list. Click on 'Premier' for the new look.

The 'My profile' is top right along with Welcome, bocadillo - Notifications, Settings & Log Out.

The forum style, is bottom left, right at the very bottom. Click on the drop down and you will see a list. Click on 'Premier' for the new look.

Thanks - I've seen enough and now returning to the relative peace of my choice of colours.
:icon_wink

There are two that have default in their name - the default one that comes with the forum software, and the default mobile style. But they're not what I'm talking about.
As mentioned in the first post, the new default is called Premier. That's what people will see if they've not changed the settings since registering, or if they're not logged in.

It was pretty bad with the old default theme too. I'm trying to work out how to change it.

Well surely it's obvious. You just need to plug some pickled onion monster munch into the back of a sofa.

I like the new Premier look too. Will there be a Champions League theme when we finish in the top four? :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669