depressing statistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

Am i right in saying that the last time we won 2 home league games on the trot was way back in January 2005 - if so thats quite depressing - but it does mean if we can beat Charlton on Saturday surely we can at last start to look forward to better things

if we can beat Charlton on Saturday surely we can at last start to look forward to better things
I've been looking forward to better things for years, they just never seem to materialise.

I would quite happily take that scenario!

What!! On 89 minutes when we had been over-running them all game but only 1 nil up and they get a dodgy penalty? You'd really take that in good spirit?!!

What!! On 89 minutes when we had been over-running them all game but only 1 nil up and they get a dodgy penalty? You'd really take that in good spirit?!!

a point at home to one of the best teams in the league and keep our mini run in tact would be a good result in my book, dodgy penalty or otherwise!

Am i right in saying that the last time we won 2 home league games on the trot was way back in January 2005 - if so thats quite depressing - but it does mean if we can beat Charlton on Saturday surely we can at last start to look forward to better things

Leicester City boss Ian Holloway has called for his team to register the club's first back-to-back home wins since August 2006. :icon_wink

According to the BBC, the last time we won back to back home games was August 2006.

We actually won 3 home games on the spin (If you include the cup game against Macclesfield)

We have had many false dawns to be over-confident on Saturday.

It could be that the Hull game is IH's version of MON's Sheff Utd, but time will tell.

If we go on an 8 game unbeaten run (inc. the last two games) and winning at least 4 of them, then I may believe we have turned the corner.

Our hope has been extinguished pretty quickly in the past, but here's hoping we can continue the form and run against Charlton. Scoring the first goal to further boost our fragile confidence is vital I believe. I don't think we have lost when we have gone a goal in front and we have won every time (only four times I think) we have gone two goals in front.

Not many league games played in July?

My apologies again, I was thinking of the pre-season friendly we played up there on 19th July 2006.

Please don't make me apologise for a third time in the same thread :icon_sad:

Imo Charlton are nothing special, and by all accounts they were not exactly impressive against Norwich yesterday. If we lose it will be our own faults, and nothing to do with how good the opposition is. Imo W.Brom will run away with this division in the 2nd half of the season, to leave another ordinary side( Watford ) battling it out with the rest of the mediocrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566