Pre Match Derby (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

forget 3-5-2 imo v Leeds it was more 5-3-2, if NP choses to play that formation at home i expect him to continue with it in away games!. Even though Bakayogo and Miquel appear ready to start i think he will choose (if available) an unchanged team. the team seems to pass the ball better with Vardy/Nuge up front and we appear to hoof it a lot more when Wood plays. I think Wood showed last game he is capable of playing to a "ball to feet pattern" and he has also proved that given a run in the team will score goals, id like to see him and Vardy given a chance but playing football on the ground not hoofing it. We have had a decent start to the season lets hope we can continue it im going for 1-2 Leicester Vardy Wood

forget 3-5-2 imo v Leeds it was more 5-3-2, if NP choses to play that formation at home i expect him to continue with it in away games!. Even though Bakayogo and Miquel appear ready to start i think he will choose (if available) an unchanged team. the team seems to pass the ball better with Vardy/Nuge up front and we appear to hoof it a lot more when Wood plays. I think Wood showed last game he is capable of playing to a "ball to feet pattern" and he has also proved that given a run in the team will score goals, id like to see him and Vardy given a chance but playing football on the ground not hoofing it. We have had a decent start to the season lets hope we can continue it im going for 1-2 Leicester Vardy Wood

I can't be well - I find myself agreeing with most of that!

3 replies/comments on a prematch thread?. were playing tomorrow...... lethargic or disinterested?

This the quietest I can ever remember this forum.

A lot of us are too busy researching obscure foreign leagues in hope of gaining as many points as possible in BM's new not so shambles after all prediction league

I think we'll be unchanged but shouldn't be.
schmeichel
Moore Morgan Miguel
De Laet Drinkwater James Dyer
Knockaert
Vardy Wood

dyer is so much better on the ball than Konch and has the pace to recover and get back, despite not being too defensive. king was dreadful against Leeds and Knockaert needs to play. Finally Whitbread is an accident waiting to happen and so Miguel would come in.

dyer is so much better on the ball than Konch and has the pace to recover and get back, despite not being too defensive.

Away from home against the shaggers, surely that deficiency may cost us?

Interesting to see how Pearson plays this. I'd expect an other defensive display. Hope we nick it.

We'll be too busy stopping them scoring. 0-0

Away from home against the shaggers, surely that deficiency may cost us?

Its a toss up. Konch was a passenger v leeds but I take your point. Neither is ideal. Konch will start with dyer at 60 if needed.

Why should Whitbread get drooped after playing 90 mins against Leeds and contributing to a clean-sheet?

3 replies/comments on a prematch thread?. were playing tomorrow...... lethargic or disinterested?

Most of our fans are still asleep at the KP after dozing off during the Leeds game.

Seriously though, I am struggling to muster up any interest for this season.

Last edited:
I think we'll be unchanged but shouldn't be.
schmeichel
Moore Morgan Miguel
De Laet Drinkwater James Dyer
Knockaert
Vardy Wood

dyer is so much better on the ball than Konch and has the pace to recover and get back, despite not being too defensive. king was dreadful against Leeds and Knockaert needs to play. Finally Whitbread is an accident waiting to happen and so Miguel would come in.

i agree with most of that, i'd like us to go with schlupp at left wingback, but that's how i'd like us to line up at home. we dropped a lot of points away from home last season though, and we need to be harder to beat, so if we are unchanged today i won't mind that too much.

i'd rather see us grind out results and be consistent than throw points away and lose 10+ games 2-1 like last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669