Derby Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummindefender said:
my thoughts exactly-if we win tonight then it will be a tim davis masterstroke, if we lose the board have lost the plot

I agree, I think the euphoria over the last 3 matches will change when we lose, hopefully not tonight. We now have a 13 game season and it is where we stand at the end of the season that counts, not the individual ups and downs we experience on the way.

I think we will win 1 - 0 tonight.

COME ON! COME THE F.UCK ON!

4-0 to the blue boys, I think it is going to be reeeeet good atmos tonight :098:

2 - 1 to City

I'm bringing my bro to the game tonight and every time he has seen a city v Derby match we have won!

Is maybury still suspended today? If not you reckon he will be back in for Nissa or Sylla?

merchant_banker said:
So who do you reckon will play left wing?

Smith probably wont make it... I fear Hamill will play there, would prefer Hammond myself

lcfcrules said:
Smith probably wont make it... I fear Hamill will play there, would prefer Hammond myself

That was why I asked the question. I wouldn't be suprised to see Maybury on the right and Sylla or Hammond on the left.

Another thing, why haven't we got a 'Your Team for the Match' thread? Maybe this should go here.

merchant_banker said:
why haven't we got a 'Your Team for the Match' thread? Maybe this should go here.

coz it will end up being a thread about any other rubbish and sexual inuendoes like every other thread.

lcfcrules said:
coz it will end up being a thread about any other rubbish and sexual inuendoes like every other thread.

Along the lines of: -

Kisnorbo has helped to keep things tight at the back and up front Joey has provided some penetration from deep. Fryatt has done a good job sniffing around up front and getting on to anything that goes loose.

He'll go with Smith. I reckon he'll be patched up enough to get a good 45 out of him. Hammond to replace him on 60 minutes. I think we're gonna miss Weso. I hope Williams (if chosen) is champing at the bit cus when he is, his all-round game is better than Weso due to match experience. It's gonna be a grinding sort of game like the Wolves one. 1-0 to our lot. Fryatt in the first half and then the innevitable clinging on for dear life second half. Kelly will do what he needs to do to stay up. Levein still sent a team out with the mentality of 'we don't belong down here'. That's the difference.

Bump and Grind is the order of the day.

My team would be: -

Rab
Stearman McCarthy(If fit or Gerrberand) Kisnorbo Johanson

Maybury Joey Hughes Sylla

Fryatt Hume

Subs

Anyone who's fit.

highland fox said:
Its no good showering me with compliments I still think we will lose.The Boneheads will want Kelly out by Easter..you mark my words.

Not that I would wish to be categorised as a 'Bonehead' - given the potential of a Chandler still being around etc....but you need to get your head round the fact that just because we have had four poor managers in a row, it doesn't mean that those who were realistic...and it already looks like we happen to have been proved right... don't understand the need for some stability.

As far as I am concerned, Levein needed the push and it was sensible to install Kelly until the summer (I never saw the need to make a permanent appointment at this stage). At that stage, the club can reflect on what (if anything) needs to be done.

However, it would be asking too much to keep on winning and at some stage the fragile playing strength will be revealed and this is certainly not going to be Kelly's fault.

I think this is a very difficult match to predict...and would therefore go with a 1-1 draw.

Redditch Fox said:
Not that I would wish to be categorised as a 'Bonehead' - given the potential of a Chandler still being around etc....but you need to get your head round the fact that just because we have had four poor managers in a row, it doesn't mean that those who were realistic...and it already looks like we happen to have been proved right... don't understand the need for some stability.

As far as I am concerned, Levein needed the push and it was sensible to install Kelly until the summer (I never saw the need to make a permanent appointment at this stage). At that stage, the club can reflect on what (if anything) needs to be done.

However, it would be asking too much to keep on winning and at some stage the fragile playing strength will be revealed and this is certainly not going to be Kelly's fault.

I think this is a very difficult match to predict...and would therefore go with a 1-1 draw.

I knew you'd pick my post out to criticise.I was joking about the Boneheads...but never mind:icon_roll

Enough to stay up Ladies and Gentlemen. That's all we can ask or hope for. The way things were going pre-Kelly, we were dead and burried. Brighton don't look like winning, and even if they do, they'll need two and a draw to leap frog us. One or two nasty-assed wins and we're laughin. :icon_bigg

With Smith and Williams looking unlikely it looks as though its from these 17 the 16 for tonights game will be picked:-
Rab Douglas
Richard Stearman
Alan Maybury
Patrick Kisnorbo
Nils-Eric Johansson
Stephen Hughes
Patrick McCarthy
Momo Sylla
Iain Hume
Matt Fryatt
Joey Gudjonsson
Henderson
Patrik Gerrbrand
Chris O'Grady
Elvis Hammond
Alan Sheehan
Joe Hamill

Just about to leave work now, no doubt get stuck on the M1 for half an hour, but it's gonna be worth it (I hope!).

Come aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00