Derby Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
londonfox said:
Then why the hell didn't we wait till after his suspension to sign him?

Don't know, we must have known before we signed him as within minutes of Levein saying he was coming here on Thursday I'd read on a forum somewhere that he'd just gotten red carded for the Arsenal reserves.

londonfox said:
Then why the hell didn't we wait till after his suspension to sign him?

Because we would probably of lost today without him, ;)

Plus i would be very surprised if we are paying his wages whilst he is suspended

DesertFox said:
The big news of the day......

Desert Fox - 500 posts :icon_eek: ;) :icon_lol:

I thank you :icon_cool

Well done. ;)

Levein says we got him in now because there were a lot of teams in for him and at least now he can settle in here....

Went to see Oadby Vs Friar Lane today for a change, I think its still playing now Extra time. Silly City again, it sounded like a shambles of first half but plenty of positives in the second half. But we cant keep saying 'We done well but not good enough'. There's no real solution or light at the end of the tunnel at the minute.

Hazzman said:
Went to see Oadby Vs Friar Lane today for a change, I think its still playing now Extra time. Silly City again, it sounded like a shambles of first half but plenty of positives in the second half. But we cant keep saying 'We done well but not good enough'. There's no real solution or light at the end of the tunnel at the minute.

Fair comment Hazzman but taken on it's own a Point away at Derby isn't a bad result at all.However I know what you are saying and in the end it was 2 points lost.I can still see a light though even if at the moment it isn't shining too brightly.

Saying to my Dad

1-1 at Derby at the start of the game, you would of taken it
but
1-1 at Derby after scoring with five minutes left, you would have been angry.

Overall I expected us to lose today, for me a point gained.

Hazzman said:
Saying to my Dad

1-1 at Derby at the start of the game, you would of taken it
but
1-1 at Derby after scoring with five minutes left, you would have been angry.

Overall I expected us to lose today, for me a point gained.

Fair enough. But 12pts from 12 games:icon_cry: . 46pts from 46 games= relegation. Things have to change and soon.

46 points from 46 games is only relegation if you are in the bottom 3. If you care to check the table that is not the position we are in now.
So stop bloody scare mongering :mad:

xsubmariner said:
46 points from 46 games is only relegation if you are in the bottom 3. If you care to check the table that is not the position we are in now.
So stop bloody scare mongering :mad:

xsubmariner you are incredibly defensive about this. Over the past 12 months the form has been more or less relegation material. Everyone knows that ...including you.

Now, that is not to say we will be relegated - I have never thought we will be - because we are still able to grind out points and there are signs that when focussed we are reasonably hard to beat. For me, the significance of today's run of the mill point (because Derby are also a crap outfit currently - and it was a local deby) but still useful point is the playing of Dion Dublin in central defence.

As I commented ages ago, when he came here I assumed that Micky Adams had the brains to realise that he was well finished as a striker but still very useful at the back. I say this because anyone who had followed the position at the Villa would have been aware of this. Of course, Micky hasn't got the brains needed to be a successful manager etc etc. However, IMO Dublin is still the best central defender available to CL and should be stuck there as long as he is fit or half fit enough to be played.

Redditch Fox said:
xsubmariner you are incredibly defensive about this. Over the past 12 months the form has been more or less relegation material. Everyone knows that ...including you.

Couldn't agree more. Xsub this is not scare mongering. The facts speak for themselves, and your in danger of being one of those fans who think we are still too good to go down. Wake up!!!!!!!.

Facts:

Leicester have only won away from home once since Levein took over.

Every league table since the 98-99 season shows that 46pts will get you relegated.

04-05....Gillingham relegated on 50pts.
03-04....Walsall 51pts.
02-03....Sheff w 46pts.
01-02....Crewe 49pts.
00-01....Huddersfield 48pts.
99-00....Walsall 46pts.
98-99....Port vale 47pts.

I don't think we will go down but don't be daft enough to think it couldn't happen

I'm not saying we're too good to go down. I don't believe that I have in anyway insinuated (spelling) this, your honour
I remember what Tony James goal meant for this club, our club. They were horrible times. Times I never want to visit again.:mad:
What I am saying is,no one ever got relegated in October, there is still a long way to go. Ask West Ham fans of last season, or Palace the year before.

If we are in the bottom 5 in March I might start getting a bit twitchy, but at the moment start walking up the roads not down them :icon_cool

Our points tally so far this season is not good enough, nowhere near good enough, but there has been enough signs that we are good enough to finish mid table, we started the season creating chances, scoring goals but also we were to open and we were conceding for fun, so CL refined his tactics, made us more solid and compact, this helped to stop the flow of goals we were conceding but also had a big impact on our creative play, we started to play a more direct game, however in the last couple of matches I have witnessed a more positive approach from Levein usually in the 2nd half, he appears to be cautious in the opening 45 minutes prefering to keep a solid shape and get a base to go in te 2nd half and try to win the game.

We have started to play more football, especially in the 2nd half yesterday and IMO we were the better side, by some distance, that is why I believe CL will get it right, defensively yesterday, except for the last minute, we looked immense with all the defenders playing very well and it appears that CL has started to resolve some of the defensive shortcomings from earlier on in the season.

IMO, after the international break we will come back a better side, once Smith returns from his suspension, I think we will go on a decent run and things will start to click and gel, and we will see a side that can play decent attacking football but will also be able to keep it tight at the back. I truly belive that the next dozen or so games will see us make significant improvement and IMO we will win 15 points or so and than in the second half of the season we will really kick on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669