DeVries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ox Fox said:
Here's a strikers wish list, how many can we tick for MDV?

1. Pace
2. Aggression
3. Accurate Finishing
4. Power
5. Good Ball Control
6. Ability To Hold The Ball
7. Win Free Kicks
8. Close Down Defenders
9. Heading
10. Free/Penalty Kick Taker
11. Passing/Feeding To Other Players

I think people can put up with a high level of mediocrity in a player if they look competent at just one thing even, at the moment I'm finding it hard to think of anything MDV excels at. I'm not trying to single him out, all the team were pretty shocking last night but he does look like a square peg a lot of the time.

Problem is each of those items on your check list costs money, if someone can suggest a player who will tick 6-7 of those boxes for £50,000 then please let CL know. Otherwise we will have to make do.

Bobby Smith said:
Problem is each of those items on your check list costs money, if someone can suggest a player who will tick 6-7 of those boxes for £50,000 then please let CL know. Otherwise we will have to make do.

6 or 7?

I'd very happily settle with any player who had just the top three in this league. They'd be dynamite. A player who excels in 6 or 7 of those attributes plays in the Prem or at a top European club. If you have 8+ I suppose you would have to be Thiery Henry.

So who of the current LCFC strikers has which?

IMO!

1. Pace x
2. Aggression x
3. Accurate Finishing x
4. Power y
5. Good Ball Control y
6. Ability To Hold The Ball y
7. Win Free Kicks x
8. Close Down Defenders x
9. Heading x
10. Free/Penalty Kick Taker x
11. Passing/Feeding To Other Players y

I'm sure most people wouldn't agree with any of that but I think the bloke generaly has a decent touch when the service is good, he definately holds the ball up well and links the play ok.

As with any striker at this level they rely on crosses in the box and decent service, none of which was forthcoming on Tues. I've not given him very good finishing but he has scored at around 1 in 2 this season.

IMO Hammond is never going to be a striker at this level, he's not got a Scooby and Hume needs a run of games.

Get off MDV's back! He is one of our better players and certainly one of the most consistent in his attitude and workrate.

As somebody pointed out if he could have all 10 attributes well he would be worth £25 million not £50 000 and he would not be playing for our team.

Just because some of his knockdowns or first touches do not go to the intended player does not make him rubbish! Applaud the ones that do!
The fact that he attempts them and gets many of them right is good enough.

In the league he is averaging 1 goal every 2 games (4 from 8 starts), that is 20+ goals a season. Who was our last striker to do that?

Midlands supporters and ours in particular seem to be amomg the worst in the country for moaning and failing to get behind their team.

It seems to me that many so called supporters are only happy when they are moaning, if MDV was taken out of the firing line they would soon pick on someone else.

As I have said before in my opinion MDV is probably the best striker we have at the moment, not the best striker in the world granted, but lets get behind him and the team.

paul74_74 said:
This topic may already have been exhausted, but I have to ask, why does devries get a game week in week out? I've had a season ticket since i was 5 and go home and away, and cant think of a worse striker i've seen he was even outclassed at Bury! I think i'd even rather have ormandrode :)102: probably spelt wrong).
I did try to defend him to a college at work yesterday morning by saying he'd scored 6 goals this season, to which he replied "if we left a dustbin in the penalty area week after week it would eventually score".
I was sitting at the game last night, and didn't see him do anything, not one single thing that a striker from an average local park team couldnt do. He's slow, doesn't win any 50/50's, or even 60/40's, he seems to defy physics by jumping lower than where he started, and can't shoot.
I think Levein gets the fans backs up straight away by shipping out a young lad thats desperate to play to leicester city to blackpool, and then guarantees a place to devries who is consistently cr*p.
I'm sure people will disagree with me, but its just my opinion.
your bang on on,hes knickers

Tommy Wright is really pulling up the trees in the lower divisions isn't he?

All of three goals! MDV will be shaking in his boots at the threat TW poses to him!

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Tommy Wright is really pulling up the trees in the lower divisions isn't he?

All of three goals! MDV will be shaking in his boots at the threat TW poses to him!

He was Sent Off today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670